LOGIN
Lake-Link

Best water for trout thru the ice

1/26/21 @ 9:22 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Billbagdaddy
Billbagdaddy
USER SINCE 7/6/06

What is the best lake or body of water for catching trout thru the ice in Wisconsin?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

1/30/21 @ 8:34 PM
AWichman
AWichman
USER SINCE 1/6/16

The harbor in Milwaukee is frozen. The browns have been going pretty good lately from what I've been hearing from friends of mine that fish there a lot. If you're looking for trophy size browns, Milwaukee is tough to beat. Here in Port Washington, you can still open water fish them due to the power plant keeping the lake open.

1/27/21 @ 1:55 PM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
USER SINCE 12/19/11

Sounds like the lake michigan harbor is your best bet then. Jaw jackers with spawn sacks I hear is the ticket. That's a bucket list trip for me, wish I did more ice fishing when I was in college down there. 

1/27/21 @ 1:31 PM
Billbagdaddy
Billbagdaddy
USER SINCE 7/6/06

Thanx Ryman. At present , I live about 1100 miles SE of Hayward.

1/26/21 @ 2:42 PM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
USER SINCE 12/19/11

There are a lot of inland lakes in NW WI that are stocked with brook, brown and rainbow trout as well. The DNR has a nice database to see which lakes those are. I have very little experience trout fishing through the ice to point you towards a lake though. 

1/26/21 @ 11:50 AM
Ryman24
USER SINCE 1/21/21

Depends where you live; chequamegon bay for northern WI or Milwaukee harbor for southern. Green Lake and Geneva when it’s safe ice have good lake trout.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
Advertise here
The new StrikeMaster Pro Jacket and Pro Bibs delivers the ultimate in cold-weather outerwear, keeping you warm, comfortable and safe on the ice. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ICE FORCE - Pro Jacket & Bibs
MEGA Imaging® from Humminbird takes fish finding into the megahertz range for more detail and domination. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - MEGA Imaging
ICx Ice Rods from Okuma feature a 1-pcs 24-ton carbon rod blank construction. Orange colored rod tip for improved bite visibility and are backed by a limited 1-year warranty. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: OKUMA FISHING TACKLE - ICx Ice Rods
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.