SEARCH
MORE
Ice Fishing

Best Tip Up Lights???

12/6/10 @ 10:03 AM
INITIAL POST
Merrimic91
User since 6/25/07
I have tried multiple different tip up lights on my BD tip ups and they never seem to work properly due to the angle of the flag... Any advice on that or a good type of tip up light would greatly be appreciated.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 25 posts
1/7/20 @ 5:01 PM
LUCK E
User since 1/20/04

Just the Tip Light is the most versatile ice fishing light on the market.  It can be used on tip downs and most tip ups!  Check them out on facebook or www.justthetiplight.com.

10/17/19 @ 10:29 PM
LUCK E
User since 1/20/04

Inexpensive and simple!  Just the tip light it is called.  Bright led that are small.  https://www.justthetiplight.com/?fbclid=IwAR1uLgk7pi084uhro_dS0vNm1T-x_HHQPEmf_s1KQx5Ab9DmqukIzJ1yZ6Y

12/21/17 @ 10:31 PM
LUCK E
User since 1/20/04

Check out this light!  $8 a piece!  Easy to use and bright enough where you don't need a light to see the spindle.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TIP-UP-LIGHT-Highly-Visible-LED-TIP-UP-LIGHT-in-Red-White-Blue-or-Green-/mwBanner=1

3/4/12 @ 9:38 PM
baconator
User since 1/26/12
Merrimic91, Please go and buy yourself some "LIGHTHOUSE" tipup lights. They will work great for any angle of flag setting you have. It has a 22 degree pitch top with magnetic connection. You will like its performance. Floats, waterproof, bright, long lasting battery and spins when your fish pulls out the line. Check out www.tipuplighthouse.com (DEMO) Gauranteed Satisfaction!!!!! Smile
12/7/10 @ 10:19 AM
KJGMH
User since 11/7/03
http://nitestrike.com/

I have been using theese for 6 years and no problems. They are small and bright. There is no way they can turn on in your pocket and very easy to use. Just clip them on the flag shaft and they are ready to go.

12/6/10 @ 10:00 PM
reefhawg
reefhawg
User since 1/23/10
For an inexpensive easy to use, lightweight clip on light that performs better and easier than its predecessors(ht clip ons with the little battery than needed to be slid in and other flash light styled lights of old), the Frabil orange flashing LED clip on is tough to beat. That said, the only light that I feel worth buying, that actually increases hookups and reduces mortality rates after tripped, is the Lighthouse tip-up light. The light itself attaches each evening to the spindle of a polar or Beaver Dam type tip-up with a small magnet permanently attached to the flag shaft. When the fish hits the magnet pops loose and the double led spins. One can see exactly what the fish is doing from a long distance, knowing long before there if it was a quick hit and drop, or a fish that is running and potentially stopping to swallow the bait. It is one of the best ice fishing inventions in recent memory. http://www.icefishinglighthouse.com/
12/6/10 @ 6:27 PM
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
User since 2/15/10
ive had no problem with the frabills on bd tip ups you just gotta put them at the bottom of the flag post. ive had them fly off on the top

12/6/10 @ 6:26 PM
rezfishfreak41
rezfishfreak41
User since 12/5/07
A guy that I work with, his buddy made his own flag lights that are now being sold at Farm n Fleet! Idk what the name is but they look slick! i will get the name of them and what location they are at!

12/6/10 @ 6:00 PM
ice angler83
User since 7/18/10
me personally i use the alarm beepers works better than a light might get confusing depends on how many boards u got out there i never have more than 2 set down at a time. But a good spot lite also does the trick too.

12/6/10 @ 4:17 PM
Coulee_region_adventures
Coulee_region_adventures
User since 3/18/10
to be honest, of all the gadgets I get mailed to me to check out either in person or on print; reflective tape works the best. Make a clean line so you know when your flag is up or down.

Glow sticks are not a renewable resourse, and if youre going one or two days a year will pay off but otherwise youre thowing your money on the ice. Keep in mind you are working around water and have to assume the toy youre buying is going to get wet, thus briging the value of your tip up.

12/6/10 @ 4:01 PM
Wally Walleye
Wally Walleye
User since 12/22/09
The only lights worth the investment are the frabill 1679 lights. The frabill 1677 are junk as well as the glow sticks, bobber lights, and whatever else you can throw on 'em. The only other lights worth their salt are the "lighthouse" lights that spin with the spool. I don't think they make them anymore, but you can find 'em on Ebay.

12/6/10 @ 2:08 PM
Frito
Frito
User since 2/21/03
Half of my Frabills didnt even last a year, batteries went dead, or got wet and didnt work after that.

12/6/10 @ 1:51 PM
SCOTTAY
User since 10/24/01
Whats wrong with the Frabils that blink in the vertical position ? Theres no mistaking a blinking light and if your tip-up wont handle it's weight then your springs are shot . Just my two cents!. Scottay

12/6/10 @ 11:54 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01
An alternative to using lights is reflective tape. I bought some 3M reflective tape at Fleet Farm and put two pieces on the sides of the wood base and made a small flag on the flag pole. This way I can tell the orientation of the flag from quite a distance.

I prefer to use lights but have found that they sometimes attract unwanted attention on higher traffic lakes. There's nothing more annoying than someone drilling holes amongst your tip ups during prime time.

12/6/10 @ 11:54 AM
Kuney29
User since 1/21/03
I've got frabill lights for my BDs and they work great. I think i paid about $10 a piece at Farm & Fleet. I roll up the flags and they attach right to the pole.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 25 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE