Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Best Gloves for Ice Fishing?

1/22/21 @ 11:55 AM
ORIGINAL POST
ksprock
USER SINCE 1/6/21
My hands always seem to be the cold part on me when I'm ice fishing, so I'm curious if there's a good glove that will keep my hands warm even when it's -15 windchill or something. Preferably not something too huge where I can still handle my pole comfortably when hole hopping out of the shack, but I wouldn't mind if I had to take them off for a second, as long as when I put them back on they warm my hands up.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

1/25/21 @ 7:02 PM
Polarbear 47
USER SINCE 12/1/13

Ice armor mittens are the best. I frost bite my hands 20 years ago, they are about $40 a pair.

1/25/21 @ 4:04 PM
redline
redline
USER SINCE 1/14/13

I like the fingerless wool gloves that have the pullover for mitten and thumb. Allow for dexterity for handling bait and other functions. I replaced the Velcro to hold the mitten back, though sometimes gets in the way. Keeps hands warm.

1/23/21 @ 4:52 PM
Mr.Seaguar
USER SINCE 2/5/05

Ice armor extreme mittens. Your hands will be hot. 

1/22/21 @ 9:20 PM
crawdaddy
USER SINCE 7/11/01

Leather mittens with a nice liner.  Mine are very warm.  Most of the time I wear wool gloves with no finger tips on them.  Usually wear some surgical latex gloves under them...(of course I’m allergic to fish, so I need those gloves or I get a bad rash and swollen hands) 

1/22/21 @ 1:19 PM
hockeyguy39
USER SINCE 8/24/07

I have a pair of Ice Armor gloves and to be honest they are WAY too warm unless it's really cold out. Not a lot of dexterity with them, either. Depending on what kind of fishing you do, chopper style mittens may work well.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
Advertise here
St. Croix's all-new series of technique-specific rods features extreme performance blanks and materials specific to each model. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ST. CROIX RODS - Croix Custom Ice series
Lithium Ion batteries provide a consistent speed and torque from fillet to fillet, without reduced power or slow down as battery power wanes. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: RAPALA - Rapala R12 Fillet Knife Kit
Whether you’re looking to plan your next fishing trip, or just make the most of your time on the water, the Humminbird FishSmart app can help. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird FishSmart App
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.