MORE
Ice Fishing

Beavertailbaits

1/22/22 @ 2:39 PM
INITIAL POST
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06

Anyone ever try these? I picked up a pack from the bait shop and plan on trying them out for gills. Tired of replacing waxies, and tired of watching gills reject all my plastics when they are in a neutral mood. Hoping they work as well as waxies, but stay on the hook for multiple fish.

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
1/27/22 @ 6:40 PM
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06

Tried them on a different lake today, barometer steady, warmer temps. They worked great!! Only used one all afternoon for 20 keeper gills. I'm hooked!

1/26/22 @ 6:04 PM
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06

Tried them out today. One hit. Only thing working was waxies, they snubbed spikes. Gonna try them again on a warmer day with a falling barometer. Today was not exactly ideal conditions. I have a suspicion these would work really well in the summer on a drop shot. Or spring when the gills flood the shallows to kick start their metabolism. 

1/25/22 @ 7:26 PM
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06

I will definitely try splitting the tail as suggested. Guy at the bait shop said the same thing. Gonna get out Thursday and see how they do. I got the pink ones from Beavertailbait.

1/25/22 @ 11:49 AM
Lurehappylou
Lurehappylou
User since 12/22/17

I have used the store bought Beavertail Baits brand and I also use actual beaver tail that I have in my freezer.  They both work very well and last a lot longer.  I cut my bait in 1/2 to 3/4 inch lengths and split the tail end with a fingernail clippers which adds to the action.  

1/25/22 @ 10:18 AM
clueless
User since 10/24/04

I have 2 beaver tails in the freezer from beavers I trapped last spring. Watched a couple videos on using the meat for bait. I will definitely be trying the tail meat for jigging panfish this winter.

1/23/22 @ 11:31 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01

I caught my biggest perch of the year on New Years Eve fishing with them for the first time.  There are two kinds out there that I know of.  Beavertail baits, which is an actually beaver tail, then there are beaver tails made from liquid willow cat.  Those are beaver tail scented and are more of a plactic and not the actual tail.  But they work well.

1/22/22 @ 4:37 PM
Lastcastmaybeknot
User since 4/20/16

I use them some.  They seem to work fairly well and last forever.  Mine are from last year and seem a Lil funky but still working

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE