Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Beaver Dam Ice Rods

11/1/14 @ 10:50 PM
ORIGNAL POST
JustPerchinAround
User since 1/16/14
I was at Gander Mountain tonight with my 5 year old. I was excited to see the new Beaver Dam ice rod with the titanium spring bobber. And then I picked it up and the the excitement went away. The reel felt so cheap and grindy I couldn't believe it. I had much higher expectations to say the least….I'll be sticking with my St. Croix and Frabill Rods for sure…..

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
11/3/14 @ 4:52 PM
JustPerchinAround
User since 1/16/14
I use almost all St. Croix rods with Shimano Symetre 500 reels. I have a couple of the Frabill Quick tips with the 261 straight line reels as well. I have been happy with those. I just don't think I need to invest that kind of money in a gift for a guy that is just taking up the sport….$60 bucks for a Bro Series is doable though….

11/3/14 @ 5:59 AM
Get Hooked
User since 9/1/09
The bro series is good. But the Beaver dam rod with the built in spring is good to…. with a president reel on it. LoL I own both, and the bro series is a seup that you would be happy with.

11/2/14 @ 1:08 PM
JustPerchinAround
User since 1/16/14
I thought the combo would have been a great gift for my brother in law, who wants to take up ice fishing this winter. At the same price point as the Bro Series combo from Frabill, I am thinking I am going to get him a Bro series with the quick tip….It just felt a lot better in my hand and the reel was significantly smoother...

11/2/14 @ 12:06 PM
Get Hooked
User since 9/1/09
I checked out the rod, and was happy with it. Didn’t even look at the combo, I got my own reels. I like that they made the bobber magnetic so when its in it stays in and vice versa. I was hoping the “light” action rod would’ve been a bit more “light” action, but it will work. For $35, its a good deal, cuz the bobber alone is $12……. Not sure about the rattling handle tho…. Its not loud or anything, just never heard of such a thing. Supposedly it is suppose to transfer to your bait? Give it “vibration”? Don’t really know. It barely makes much rattle…. But it’s there.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.