MORE
Ice Fishing

Battle on bago who's going 2020

2/15/20 @ 9:28 PM
INITIAL POST
Jrs.fishing
Jrs.fishing
User since 6/11/19

I was wondering who's all going to be out there this year ? 

Displaying 1 to 15 of 17 posts
2/23/20 @ 9:00 PM
beachcomber II
User since 12/7/13

all the requests for info on BOB ,ice conditions ,parking ,access , where to start, bait . that came before the derby for weeks and nobody posts any reports on bago or poygan threads after derby. and then people complain when no one responds to there questions.

2/22/20 @ 1:32 PM
shorebird
shorebird
User since 2/11/04

Hello everyone... here was the drone view of Poygan on Friday of the Battle on Bago around noon.  If you like the video please consider liking and subscribing.  It's easy just click the tree in the upper left of the video. 

Feel free to share this video with your friends or post on social media.  Simply copy and paste this link.

https://youtu.be/yNNsxkhFtrs

2/19/20 @ 4:09 PM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

You need one ticket per fish weighed. Register it whenever you choose, however tie's are broken by the first fish registered. That may help you or hurt you depending on where your fish falls on the prize list at the end. 

Really no strategy other than actually catching the fish.

2/19/20 @ 3:29 PM
gordonsetterman
gordonsetterman
PRO MEMBER User since 12/15/08

I have never exactly figured out how this thing works. If you catch a fish do you run it in as quickly as you can, get in line, have it checked in, then go back and start fishing again? Or does one need a strategy? Someone have a simple explanation.?

2/19/20 @ 12:12 PM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

The city has a no overnight parking on city street ordinance so don't do that for sure. Check out the video I posted on the 'Bago thread, sounds like they plowed the old soccer field in Miller Park to allow for truck/trailer parking.

2/19/20 @ 11:23 AM
crawriverrat
crawriverrat
User since 10/27/02

IDK about parking, i am not parking on the ice!  I'll be headed up Thursday night, hopefully i can find something fairly close.  

2/18/20 @ 3:34 PM
Thump55
User since 7/19/04

Craw- You will have room on Bago. Poygan will be an absolute cluster with way less access points. I can't handle the crappy bite and driving on that plowed field anymore, so I will be on Bago. Overall the bite blows, so finding a few whitebass can save you from eating your ticket. Bago is the much better option for whitebass...if you get a walleye or two, that's a bonus. Good luck.

2/18/20 @ 3:18 PM
perch_master
perch_master
User since 7/7/06

Just picked up our tickets today. I will be out solo on Friday and then my son will be joining me all day Saturday.

2/18/20 @ 2:06 PM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

Passing this year as well.

Craw, it's a huge system, there is PLENTY of room. You don't have to be in a group unless you choose to.

Where do you plan to park your vehicles while you're out on the lake camping?

2/18/20 @ 1:34 PM
crawriverrat
crawriverrat
User since 10/27/02

My cousin and i are going out camping thurs and fri on the ice.   My question for you guys is, is there any place on the lake to "get away from the crowds" this weekend or is it going to be a full contact sport this weekend?

2/17/20 @ 3:26 PM
VexilarBoy
PRO MEMBER User since 2/5/10

Gonna take this year off also.  Uncertain ice conditions, travel issues on the lake and the fact that parking is going to be a nightmare all contributed to the decision.  Best of luck to everyone this year and be safe.  We'll be back next year (hopefully).     

2/16/20 @ 10:11 PM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07

Really curious how big a $h#* show it's going to be with nobody able to drive on. Still debating going, but the parking issue is a big consideration. 

2/16/20 @ 8:14 AM
Jrs.fishing
Jrs.fishing
User since 6/11/19

Yeah probably a good idea that ice may be 18 inches in one area but you could drive out and fall through because there only 8-9 stay safe God bless 

Good luck 

2/16/20 @ 8:10 AM
fishicot
User since 4/16/18

My son and I are going.  Too bad we don't have an ATV as I will not drive my Explorer on this year.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 17 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE