Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Average lifespan of boots

1/13/21 @ 8:41 AM
ORIGINAL POST
hockeyguy39
USER SINCE 8/24/07

How long do you expect your boots to last? I have a pair of Cabela's Infernos and think they're great.  I've also had them for probably over 10 years (maybe even 15). Last year I noticed the material separating from the sole along the sides in a few places, and now they're still warm, but my feet get damp when walking through water/snow/slush. They've always been rode hard and put away wet so to speak, so I'm sure that didn't do them any favors. But now that I'm in the market for boots again, wondering if this is about the longest you'd expect a boot like that to last or if I should consider something else. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 21 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

2/14/21 @ 10:30 AM
2018 SHIMANO Bass Rise RIB
USER SINCE 1/25/21

I have worn out a pair of Ariat boots for five years and worn out a pair of Red Wing Boot for 6 years. I think these affordable boots might last 4 years.

1/18/21 @ 10:34 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER SINCE 9/27/01
I retired my Ice Kings this year and bought a pair of Cabelas Infernos. My Ice Kings are over 20 years old so I got my $$ out of them. I've repaired the rubber part with patches and shoe goo the past couple of seasons but two new cracks appeared this year. They're just worn out. Would have gone with another pair but they are a very heavy boot and I'm not in the shape that I was 20 years ago. 

1/18/21 @ 9:49 AM
Tim Zwieg
USER SINCE 1/10/12

Wore my new Lacrosse Alphaburly's this weekend, they are sweet.

1/16/21 @ 6:10 PM
hockeyguy39
USER SINCE 8/24/07

Yeah, but those are walking boots...

1/16/21 @ 5:26 PM
wi river rat
USER SINCE 4/2/02

I'd ask Nancy Sinatra.  That girl knows boots.

1/16/21 @ 4:41 PM
ihookem
ihookem
USER SINCE 11/29/01

I have used Cabelas high rubber boots to no avail. They leak in about 20 miles of walking. I went with Lacrosse Alpha Burley 18" 1600 gram boots. They are very good boots. My 1st pair were $180 about 6 yrs ago. I got a close out for $70 on my second pair. They are very comfortable and quite warm. First pair lasted 3 yrs. and the right one leaks. Then with the newer pair , the left one leaked. I still have one of each though and going good. I would love to find a good pair of rubber boots that are not made in China. Anyone know? Tidwe boots are not made in China. Fleet Farm sells them but not sure they are Made in USA. 

1/16/21 @ 3:37 AM
Bemidji-Bergquist
USER SINCE 3/23/20

Ice kings 26 years old still as warm as day one replaced the liners once just used them on lake of the woods a week straight still in great shape. The new ice kings my friend bought are definitely not the same quality as mine. And yes all rubber boats always eventually crack. 

1/15/21 @ 4:20 PM
Tim Zwieg
USER SINCE 1/10/12

Depends on boots.  My leather boots will last what seems like a lifetime.  I've got a pair of Irish Setters that are 25 plus years old and still wearable at the cabin.  My Danner hiking and insulated boots , not sure, but they are 5 years old and still look lightly used.  Rubber boots different story.  I've got some Cabela's insulated rubber boots, 4 years old they cracked, I had to patch them.  Just got a pair of Lacrosse Alphaburly insulated rubber boots, have not wore them yet, just got them yesterday for ice fishing.

1/13/21 @ 6:27 PM
Casedog
Casedog
USER SINCE 10/4/11

My mickey mouse(us army) boots are at least 30 years old and I have never gotten a wet or cold foot in all those years of use! There a little heavy but there worth there weight in gold!

Find a pair of them and u will never buy another boot

1/13/21 @ 3:53 PM
Ulbian
USER SINCE 9/24/03

This is my 27th year with a pair of La Crosse Icemans. They’ve been through mud, cow manure, snow, ice, and every other thing imaginable. They are still as warm as they were the day I bought them. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 21 POSTS
Advertise here
St. Croix's all-new series of technique-specific rods features extreme performance blanks and materials specific to each model. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ST. CROIX RODS - Croix Custom Ice series
ICx Ice Rods from Okuma feature a 1-pcs 24-ton carbon rod blank construction. Orange colored rod tip for improved bite visibility and are backed by a limited 1-year warranty. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: OKUMA FISHING TACKLE - ICx Ice Rods
The new StrikeMaster Pro Jacket and Pro Bibs delivers the ultimate in cold-weather outerwear, keeping you warm, comfortable and safe on the ice. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ICE FORCE - Pro Jacket & Bibs
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.