MENU
Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Annoying Things that happen when ice fishing!

12/8/20 @ 10:53 PM
ORIGINAL POST
n.pike
n.pike
USER SINCE 4/2/02

Bait bucket lid flying away, line that gets stuck on ice chunks around the hole as you are rewrapping it, Wind blowing snow over your holes and leaving a mushy cap of wet thick snow all around the area, things falling out of your sled on the way back off the lake, and buying large shiners that are really mediums. 

DISPLAYING 71 TO 80 OF 94 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

1/2/21 @ 12:54 AM
CrystalLakeMonster
CrystalLakeMonster
USER SINCE 11/22/10

Screaming drags I've done that before, or also when your power auger won't run.  Luckily I live in the southern half of Wisconsin and there is usually someone near buy that has a working auger.  I'm sure everyone hear has forgotten something very important.  Worst experience for me in that regards is when I drove an hour to a new lake I've never been too, and realize I didn't bring any rods!!!  Long story short I ended my day on a good note.

1/1/21 @ 1:10 PM
JamesD
JamesD
MEMBER SINCE 2/16/04

Fishing with kids can be a mixed blessing at times. Jack's 4 year old kid thought he was helping out by kicking the ice chips into the ten inch holes when leaving, until he slid into one up to his armpits!

12/31/20 @ 1:18 AM
n.pike
n.pike
USER SINCE 4/2/02

Kneeling down next to the hole on frozen chunks. OUCH! 

Tip up flag never popping, but minnow gone.

No wind at home, then get on the lake and it's a big factor.

Getting to the lake, knowing you really don't have the "right Minnows" that you want...but you are mentally trying to convince yourself that it really doesn't matter much....

In reality, any time ice fishing is awesome though! 

12/11/20 @ 6:41 PM
Fv.screaming drags.com
Fv.screaming drags.com
USER SINCE 3/29/20

Realizing after you get to the lake that you brought everything but the auger 

12/11/20 @ 3:13 PM
Gimper
USER SINCE 11/27/01

Get all the way to the back side of the lake and the auger won't start. A little investigation and the plug is loose and nothing to use as a plug wrench.  

12/10/20 @ 3:59 PM
Fv.screaming drags.com
Fv.screaming drags.com
USER SINCE 3/29/20

Driving your snowmobile a couple miles across the lake to where you plan on fishing and realizing that your sled with all your gear is no longer behind you and having to track it all down. Having your minnow bucket clotheslined off the back of your sled by a low hanging branch. Realizing you left the bait at home. Auger won't start and on and on!

12/10/20 @ 3:34 PM
jaybeeturtle
USER SINCE 3/17/06

My number one peeve used to be the minnow bucketipping over in the sled on the way to remote lakes or over big ruts.  Now I put 2 little clamps on the bucket lid so all the water doesnt leak out

12/10/20 @ 2:25 PM
Thump55
USER SINCE 7/19/04

How about when you carry your auger what feels like a country mile between each tip-up hole when you are drilling, but after you get all the tip-ups in and the sun comes up, you're like "they aren't even close to far enough apart"

12/10/20 @ 5:34 AM
Paranoid Percher
USER SINCE 8/19/18

1 your on ice and not in your boat!!!!

12/9/20 @ 11:23 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER SINCE 4/2/02

This is fun. Keep them coming!

Checking your tip up and the minnow is submerged in weeds. Kicking yourself for waiting "that long" to check it.

At home, no wind. On the lake, hurricane force. Well, not quite, but you know what I'm saying! 

Side of the shanty popping in when inside! 

End of the day. Cold. Reeling in the tip ups, taking the minnow off etc...then just throwing the tip up in messily into the bucket and paying for it later as line is tangled everywhere! 

Taking the sled up a small hill while getting off the lake and the tip up bucket tipping over and falling out of the sled. 

DISPLAYING 71 TO 80 OF 94 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.