MENU
Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Annoying Things that happen when ice fishing!

12/8/20 @ 10:53 PM
ORIGINAL POST
n.pike
n.pike
USER SINCE 4/2/02

Bait bucket lid flying away, line that gets stuck on ice chunks around the hole as you are rewrapping it, Wind blowing snow over your holes and leaving a mushy cap of wet thick snow all around the area, things falling out of your sled on the way back off the lake, and buying large shiners that are really mediums. 

DISPLAYING 41 TO 50 OF 94 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

2/4/21 @ 3:35 PM
Fv.screaming drags.com
Fv.screaming drags.com
USER SINCE 3/29/20

Snapping off a jig and while tying ona new one your tackle box falls off your lap and lands upside down in the hole and all you can do is watch your tackle flutter out of sight to the bottom 

2/4/21 @ 2:23 PM
Ldob50
USER SINCE 8/16/16

High Fiving a buddy after he pulled up a 5lber then watching my phone bounce of bench in Frabill, slide perfectly between 2 buckets and right down the hole. 21 fow out in the middle of Petenwell. Talk about a buzz kill. 

Needless to say my wife was pissed. I have a different type of insurance on iphone now .

Next is going to check depth for slip bobber set up and instead of clipping weight on line I just throw it in water. 

I tend to wonder what im going to be like in 10years from now.

Peace and Good fishing!!!

lar      

2/4/21 @ 1:04 PM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
USER SINCE 7/20/09

Fishing over a log crib and snagging up your tungsten jig the very first time you drop it to the bottom.

2/4/21 @ 11:57 AM
Fv.screaming drags.com
Fv.screaming drags.com
USER SINCE 3/29/20

Going to check your tip ups and picking it up and the spool falls off and back to the bottom of the lake  then having to pull up and throw away 150 yards of tip up line cuz it frozen in a rat's nest on the ice now. Also tying up  slip bobber rig and realizing that you forgot a key component ie bead,bobber,line stop etc 

2/4/21 @ 11:06 AM
Mountain
Mountain
USER SINCE 1/7/02

Had a $2 styrofoam minnow bucket that froze on top of an open hole. Forgot about it, and when I went to remove it, the bottom tore off and 3 dozen shiners went down the hole. 

My buddy got a picture of me holding the torn off piece in one hand and the rest of the bucket in the other saying "what the heck just happened?" Although the language was a bit more colorful.

2/4/21 @ 6:36 AM
Regjoe
USER SINCE 2/7/06

Not being able to thread two pound test through the eye on the jig cause u can’t see it!!!   Throw in minimal light and wind.  After 5 minutes and you successfully tie the jig on.....a bite off!!   

2/3/21 @ 9:10 PM
roofer
USER SINCE 6/6/04

after finally tying on the jig and baiting it, you clip the line to the pole and not the tag end, and drop in the hole. twice a year usually.

2/3/21 @ 11:02 AM
Jamie G
USER SINCE 12/2/05

Baiting a tip up with cold fingers to have the golden shiner or sucker minnow flop out of your hands and down the hole

1/30/21 @ 6:57 AM
Mr.Seaguar
USER SINCE 2/5/05

Had a new one yesterday. I catch this blugill, he flips over to the side of the portable while still hooked. I pick him up, I can see the string but no hook. The fish is attached to the shack, the dumb hook went through the hole in the fish's lip, got caught on the bottom flap. I had to remove it there, slide the fish down the line and remove hook from fish. 

1/28/21 @ 11:45 AM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
USER SINCE 2/8/06

Fishrun - “Fumbling with frozen fingers to find the opening in the front of your long underwear only to find you put them on backwards that morning”

That’s hilarious! Thanks for the laugh 

DISPLAYING 41 TO 50 OF 94 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.