MENU
Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Annoying Things that happen when ice fishing!

12/8/20 @ 10:53 PM
ORIGINAL POST
n.pike
n.pike
USER SINCE 4/2/02

Bait bucket lid flying away, line that gets stuck on ice chunks around the hole as you are rewrapping it, Wind blowing snow over your holes and leaving a mushy cap of wet thick snow all around the area, things falling out of your sled on the way back off the lake, and buying large shiners that are really mediums. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 94 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

3/15/21 @ 5:55 PM
John13
USER SINCE 2/6/21

Yeah the ice melting after another short ice fishing season in Southeast Wisconsin.Really hate global warming,no way lakes should be ice free this early.Seems to get worse each year.

3/15/21 @ 5:12 PM
Alternative Reefer
USER SINCE 5/4/18

THE ICE MELTING!

3/7/21 @ 3:24 PM
John13
USER SINCE 2/6/21

Same thing happened today, yesterday,and Friday.Saw a huge crappie, nice perch,and tons of large bluegills on aqua-view.Even little gills very picky-Annoying.

3/7/21 @ 9:54 AM
jaybeeturtle
USER SINCE 3/17/06

I know that feeling too, James and John. Seeing giant 13-14 inch crappie swim by like a ghost ship on camera, while a 7 inch gill hammers the spoon instead. Then when you finally do hook one of those monsters, the hook always seems to come out while they are still in the hole. Best case scenario- I save the fish , but my glove and arm are soaking wet up to the elbow

3/6/21 @ 10:41 AM
JamesD
JamesD
MEMBER SINCE 2/16/04

John13 knows annoying like I do. Watched big mama perch swim up to my  waxie on a small rocker lure. She grabbed the waxy just short of the hook and shook her head like a bulldog tearing the bug free for an easy snack. The next drop, a small one rushed in inhaled the whole thing and I wrestled with the pliers to get it off the hook while the rest of the perch on the camera got bored and swam away. Very VERY annoying!

3/5/21 @ 9:34 AM
redhook
USER SINCE 12/25/09

Walking down the walkway at Cold Springs and seeing all the trash, I did pick up a couple of cans,  a plastic cup and fish line as I left last night. 

3/4/21 @ 5:29 PM
John13
USER SINCE 2/6/21

What's annoying this winter is seeing lot's of nice panfish on my aqua-view camera just ignore my bait.

3/3/21 @ 11:15 PM
Fv.screaming drags.com
Fv.screaming drags.com
USER SINCE 3/29/20

Yeah sometimes it seems like you just look at it wrong and boom instant rats nest always seems to happen when the bite is hot lol

3/3/21 @ 10:59 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER SINCE 4/2/02

Agree. How do I get a knot in new tip up line when the only open part of the line is at the end and it's fine? 

3/3/21 @ 4:08 AM
CrystalLakeMonster
CrystalLakeMonster
USER SINCE 11/22/10

Some of those knots defy the laws of physics.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 94 POSTS
Advertise here
Meet Grizzly Coolers. Made right here in the USA and loaded with features that can't be beat. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: GRIZZLY COOLERS - Grizzly Hard-Sided Coolers
The Rapala® Rain Jacket and Bib Series are built on high expectations, combining advanced technology performance with upgraded waterproof and breathable components for more extreme conditions. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: RAPALA - Rapala Pro Rain Suit
Save $160 on the Aqua-Vu Muli-Vu Complete Camera System. This camera system integrates to any HDMI input or RCA-enabled or sonar or TV/LCD monitor. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: AQUA-VU - Multi-Vu Complete Camera System
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.