MENU
Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Annoying Things that happen when ice fishing!

12/8/20 @ 9:53 PM
ORIGINAL POST
n.pike
n.pike
USER SINCE 4/2/02

Bait bucket lid flying away, line that gets stuck on ice chunks around the hole as you are rewrapping it, Wind blowing snow over your holes and leaving a mushy cap of wet thick snow all around the area, things falling out of your sled on the way back off the lake, and buying large shiners that are really mediums. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 91 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

3/5/21 @ 8:34 AM
redhook
USER SINCE 12/25/09

Walking down the walkway at Cold Springs and seeing all the trash, I did pick up a couple of cans,  a plastic cup and fish line as I left last night. 

3/4/21 @ 4:29 PM
John13
USER SINCE 2/6/21

What's annoying this winter is seeing lot's of nice panfish on my aqua-view camera just ignore my bait.

3/3/21 @ 10:15 PM
Fv.screaming drags.com
Fv.screaming drags.com
USER SINCE 3/29/20

Yeah sometimes it seems like you just look at it wrong and boom instant rats nest always seems to happen when the bite is hot lol

3/3/21 @ 9:59 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER SINCE 4/2/02

Agree. How do I get a knot in new tip up line when the only open part of the line is at the end and it's fine? 

3/3/21 @ 3:08 AM
CrystalLakeMonster
CrystalLakeMonster
USER SINCE 11/22/10

Some of those knots defy the laws of physics.

3/3/21 @ 12:05 AM
Gimper
USER SINCE 11/27/01

"3. Tip up line getting tangled inside itself. Sometimes I wonder how these knots even happen!"

And if you ever wanted to tie those same knots on purpose you never could.

3/2/21 @ 10:27 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER SINCE 4/2/02

Cobar-That's unreal. I can only imagine....

3/2/21 @ 9:23 PM
CrystalLakeMonster
CrystalLakeMonster
USER SINCE 11/22/10

Not wearing ice cleats on a very slick lake while walking back into gail force winds.

3/2/21 @ 8:20 PM
Fv.screaming drags.com
Fv.screaming drags.com
USER SINCE 3/29/20

Sitting in my portable shanty today the wind flipped it on it's face and took me for a ride scattering my gear across the ice fishing was good though lol

3/2/21 @ 7:55 PM
crobar
USER SINCE 6/19/01

Fished a lake Sunday with alot of slush an crunchy  top layer...drilled a mess of holes. It was tough walking to begin with but as day progressed it got nasty....put my bucket down an sat on it ....all of a sudden hear ice crunch..bucket tips and yours truely takes a bath....end of fishing ..still had to slosh back to shore...thats annoying    ...Hope no one got that on camera  

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 91 POSTS
Advertise here
St. Croix's all-new series of technique-specific rods features extreme performance blanks and materials specific to each model. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ST. CROIX RODS - Croix Custom Ice series
Lithium Ion batteries provide a consistent speed and torque from fillet to fillet, without reduced power or slow down as battery power wanes. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: RAPALA - Rapala R12 Fillet Knife Kit
The Deadeye Custom Series rods are all custom technique specific walleye jigging rods designed for the tournament walleye angler. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: OKUMA FISHING TACKLE - Dead Eye Custom Series Rods
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.