MORE
Ice Fishing

2021 Ice fishing trips

8/30/21 @ 8:35 AM
INITIAL POST
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

Who's got what planned? I've got the itch, I need some ice fishing talk in my life! 

I have an upper red early ice solo trip planned the first weekend in December. I'll be sleeping on the ice in my hub while hopefully everyone else will still be staying in the shacks on shore. If the ice is safe enough, i'll take my 4 year old with me to get him his first hardwater walleye! 

Displaying 1 to 12 of 12 posts
11/14/21 @ 5:46 PM
Owtdorsmn
Owtdorsmn
PRO MEMBER User since 2/12/02

Any of you adventurous fisherpeople want to hookup for a Webster SD walleye/perch trip early this winter?  Would like to get a trip in before Christmas but I am open.  I have a wheeler and all my own gear and would like for you to be equally prepared.

11/14/21 @ 5:18 PM
Julleye
User since 5/17/20

Thank you Outdoorsman.  Hoping to get my teenager up for a long weekend.  Might be mid January though.  

11/14/21 @ 5:11 PM
Owtdorsmn
Owtdorsmn
PRO MEMBER User since 2/12/02

Julleye.........  I have fished Zippel Bay and a number of the outfitters up the Western shore.  Have done really well every trip in the early season.  

10/1/21 @ 5:43 PM
Julleye
User since 5/17/20

Has anyone tried Zippel Bay near Baudette?  Had good luck on the walleyes open water there and was considering a trip this winter.  Thank you

10/1/21 @ 3:28 PM
Fish4Musky
Fish4Musky
User since 6/18/13

I’m going to try out the Ely, MN area this winter. I’m going to bring all my stuff along but hiring a guide for a day as well for lake trout 

9/28/21 @ 7:23 PM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

Cool, sounds like fun!

9/27/21 @ 3:40 PM
brews4995
brews4995
User since 4/2/10

We were in the same shack for 2 days. We brought all our own food.  Shack was warm and holes open when we got there. They replaced the batteries that power the lights every day. Showed us how to set rattle reels and left us to it. They supplied a 2 burner gas Cooktop that we just simmered brats and burgers on whole time and played cards and had beverages the whole time. Caught fish and missed fish each night.  Definitely a night bite there. 

9/27/21 @ 5:07 AM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

Brews, I’ve been wanting to do something like that for a few years now. How does that work with the sleeper’s, do they move you every so often? Do they provide meals or is that up to you?

9/26/21 @ 3:01 PM
brews4995
brews4995
User since 4/2/10

Mille Lacs in Minnesota sometime during the week for a couple nights in January. Rent a sleeper shack. Did it last year for first time, want to do it again. 

9/25/21 @ 4:36 AM
Mr.Seaguar
PRO MEMBER User since 2/5/05

Sometimes I think I will go up to NE South Dakota but when winter gets here I usually skip it. I go there a lot during open water but not during winter.

9/10/21 @ 5:15 PM
Kingfisher2025
User since 2/15/20

Check out Tamarack Island Wilderness Lodge on Lake Of The Woods in Ontario, fishing is great and not a lot of pressure! 

Displaying 1 to 12 of 12 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE