Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

2014 MILWAUKEE ICE FISHING SHOW

12/1/14 @ 5:44 PM
ORIGNAL POST
greg2507
User since 1/13/13
It runs December 12-14 at the Wisconsin state fair park in West allis. It is the first year. From what I heard it is the same people that run the St.Paul Minnesota show.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 9 OF 9 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
12/15/14 @ 12:09 PM
bigstorm
User since 1/10/05
I went Saturday AM when they opened and thought it was a good show. I knew who (vendors) was going to be there and whant I was looking to get so I hit those spots first and got a DH Custom Al Dente and a TUCR PN rod. Once I got those, I took my time hitting the smaller places for jigs and things that you can only get a few places

12/14/14 @ 10:48 PM
greg2507
User since 1/13/13
I was there friday night. It wasn't really busy. Clam raffled off a gas auger. They had to pull 3 names cause the first 2 names called weren't there. Really like those DH custom rods. Fast taper tip with a solid backbone. Color of the rod blanks were awesome. Reasonable prices. Picked up some jigs and random tackle. S-cable for my vex. Also picked my son up a beaver dam noodle rod. All in All it was a good show.

12/14/14 @ 7:37 PM
Pilgrim
User since 6/26/01
Went today durng the Packer game. Crowd was light and you had no problem finding and seeing what you wanted too. Finding and getting someone to answer questions was no problem. Good selection of various plastics and tungsen jigs from different vendors, not just the usual stuff you see at Gander or Cabelas, Fleet Farm, etc. Didn' see too many deals escept a Marcum VX-1 for $250. Most vendors were giving 10% discounts if that means anything. PIcked up what I came for and left very happy with what I accomplished. Even got the Misses a Christmas present. Oh yeah, you could even watch the Packer game in the Clam booth.

12/14/14 @ 9:05 AM
The Fishinnut
The Fishinnut
User since 8/11/10
I went yesterday when the doors opened, kind of disappointed on the number of venders, but hey this is not St.Paul, talking to the Striker vendor he said in MN. there was 3000-4000 people waiting to get in, thank goodness I talked myself going to that one!

My purchases. Striker Climate suit,hat and gloves. 3 DH custom rods Trip to Woodland resort SD Cool

Anyone looking for a shanty will probably get a deal today at Thorne Bros. as they had MANY and don't want to take them back.

12/14/14 @ 7:57 AM
JustPerchinAround
User since 1/16/14
I got there at 4:30 yesterday and it was pretty picked over by then. It was more like a Clam Outdoors show though. Frabill had zero representation which I found to be a bit strange. No booth for Eskimo either. I was hoping to score a "show special" on some of the round Beaver Dam tip-ups and couldn't find a single one at the show. One guy had a few of the traditional Beavers for ten percent off, but the Beaver Dam products were almost non existent…...

12/13/14 @ 7:20 PM
Stevekeno
User since 12/21/08
Went to the show today, 1st time for me for an ice show. Had a good time, nice place, good layout, quite a few vendors, some tv folks/guides there. A few good deals, could have bought a new 8" Ion for $465.00 and some other good deals on augers and shacks. I'm still on the fence between battery/propane yet, probably should have jumped on the Ion for that price... Was told they have booked the show here for 3 years, and initial turn-out was good, $5 to park and $9 entry ticket. One day left probably some very good deals if there is stock left ( I left at 1:30pm). Overall a good time...

12/13/14 @ 5:07 PM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01
Good show worth my time.

12/2/14 @ 7:51 AM
tzeilstra
User since 8/4/08
Should be a good turnout, since all of the ice in Southeast Wisconsin will be gone by then Sad

DISPLAYING 1 TO 9 OF 9 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.