MORE
Ice Fishing

12 volt heater

1/25/21 @ 8:18 PM
INITIAL POST
chrome-dome
chrome-dome
User since 4/4/13

Anybody ever use a 12 volt electric heater instead of propane? If so what kind. I’m sure it’s not as warm but it may do inside an insulated Otter Cottage. 

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
1/27/21 @ 6:30 PM
chrome-dome
chrome-dome
User since 4/4/13

Yep, 10-4 thanks 

1/27/21 @ 6:19 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
PRO MEMBER User since 2/8/06

Chrome - I knew what you were talking about when you asked the original question. Even a car battery wouldn’t last that long due to the amp draw that electric heaters have. Even when used in a car, the battery is constantly being recharged by the alternator. About the only way that electric heat would be a viable heat source would be if it was connected to a generator.

1/27/21 @ 5:53 PM
chrome-dome
chrome-dome
User since 4/4/13

They do make a number of small car heaters intended for defrosting car windows things like that that plug into a cigarette lighter. I understand that carrying out a big car battery so I get that, not that stupid.

1/26/21 @ 8:21 PM
BillyBassWasFramed
User since 1/11/21

If you're looking not to buy 1lb cans all the time, get yourself a Flame King refill kit.

1/25/21 @ 9:23 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
PRO MEMBER User since 2/8/06

Chrome- Seeing that electric heaters are direct resistance. I don’t think that you would want to carry a battery large enough for that to be a viable option. 

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE