LOGIN
Lake-Link

12 volt heater

1/25/21 @ 7:18 PM
ORIGINAL POST
chrome-dome
chrome-dome
USER SINCE 4/4/13

Anybody ever use a 12 volt electric heater instead of propane? If so what kind. I’m sure it’s not as warm but it may do inside an insulated Otter Cottage. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 7 OF 7 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

1/27/21 @ 5:30 PM
chrome-dome
chrome-dome
USER SINCE 4/4/13

Yep, 10-4 thanks 

1/27/21 @ 5:19 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
USER SINCE 2/8/06

Chrome - I knew what you were talking about when you asked the original question. Even a car battery wouldn’t last that long due to the amp draw that electric heaters have. Even when used in a car, the battery is constantly being recharged by the alternator. About the only way that electric heat would be a viable heat source would be if it was connected to a generator.

1/27/21 @ 4:53 PM
chrome-dome
chrome-dome
USER SINCE 4/4/13

They do make a number of small car heaters intended for defrosting car windows things like that that plug into a cigarette lighter. I understand that carrying out a big car battery so I get that, not that stupid.

1/26/21 @ 7:21 PM
BillyBassWasFramed
USER SINCE 1/11/21

If you're looking not to buy 1lb cans all the time, get yourself a Flame King refill kit.

1/26/21 @ 3:30 PM
14 7/8
USER SINCE 7/30/07

12 car batteries = one 16.04 oz can of propane

1/25/21 @ 8:23 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
USER SINCE 2/8/06

Chrome- Seeing that electric heaters are direct resistance. I don’t think that you would want to carry a battery large enough for that to be a viable option. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 7 OF 7 POSTS
Advertise here
Whether you’re looking to plan your next fishing trip, or just make the most of your time on the water, the Humminbird FishSmart app can help. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird FishSmart App
Lithium Ion batteries provide a consistent speed and torque from fillet to fillet, without reduced power or slow down as battery power wanes. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: RAPALA - Rapala R12 Fillet Knife Kit
Minn Kota Ultra: Proven in the real world. Year after year. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Minn Kota Ultrex
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.