Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

WINCHESTER Pre-64 30-30

8/23/17 @ 7:23 AM
ORIGNAL POST
G3YAMAHA
User since 3/16/16

I am trying to figure out what a Pre-64 30-30 in good condition would be worth in todays market.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
8/28/17 @ 12:36 PM
G3YAMAHA
User since 3/16/16

I am interested in selling the gun, looking for $750.  It is a 1952 Model 94 30-30 serial number 183----.  Very nice condition with factory sights. Thank you

8/27/17 @ 9:15 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

If you're looking to buy it, go for it with a fair offer.  If you own it, enjoy.  If you're selling, message me.  I love old Winnie's.

8/27/17 @ 7:36 PM
G3YAMAHA
User since 3/16/16

So I did some research on the 94 model 30-30 and it is a 1952 serial number, barrel is in good shape and stock is in good shape.

8/25/17 @ 7:11 AM
Paddle Power
Paddle Power
User since 1/6/17

I'll preface by saying one thing first, I think it comes down to what YOU are willing to pay for a "vintage" firearm.

Last fall a co-worker of mine had a family member pass and was trying to liquidate his arms collection. In that collection had had a 1957 Model 94 in 30-30. I looked at it several times and this is where I think it becomes a personal decision.

The rifle was what I would consider poor-fair condition. The barrel was pitted, under the right light I could little orange dots on the entire barrel also the crown looked less than desirable with some heavy rust and slight evidence of chipping on one of the lands. The action was not very smooth and needed some effort to cycle. Mechanically I'm sure it would've functioned just fine as long as the firearm had been properly gone over, cleaned, and lubricated, nothing felt damaged at the time. The wood was in spectacular shape but the metal had clearly been neglected. I normally do not buy guns that have rust on them, regardless of the cost.

I offered him $350 for the rifle and he turned it down. Sometime around Christmas of last year he found the right buyer and was able to get $800 for it. So, again, I will say it really depends on how much you are willing to pay for it. Are you happy with its condition? Rust? Cracked wood? Action feel nice and smooth? All questions that need to be put into consideration. Used firearms are a personal choice IMO. I've wanted a good condition pre-64 for a long time but I wasn't willing to pay the prices on the few I've found that I felt were up to my standards. Good luck, they're wonderful firearms and post pics if you do pick it up.

8/23/17 @ 8:21 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

I assume that it's a Model 94.  I looked at Gunbroker.com and a few other sites and from what I can tell, it's roughly worth about $500 if it was manufactured closer to 1963.  Winchester started making the 94's in 1894 so if you have a really old one, it may be worth quite a bit more. There are numerous sites on the internet that can help you identify the year of manufacture by the serial number.

A close family friend sold his Winchester collection about the time that I got out of college.  I was one of a few that got to be part of a pre-sale.  This wasn't a few guns laid out on bed, it was a few rooms full.  I hardly had two nickels to rub together and had to take out a bank loan to cover what I bought but don't regret one bit of it to this day.  I've never owned a lever action rifle smoother than an old Winchester.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.