MORE
Guns & Shooting

OLD REMINGTON WOODMASTER 740

12/2/14 @ 10:37 AM
INITIAL POST
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02
looking for a replacement wood forend for my old woodmaster, any help is much appreciated. any one know of a retailer etc that may carry aftermarket parts for old rifles, I have called a few places and have come up empty for this particular model.
Displaying 1 to 12 of 12 posts
12/3/14 @ 1:41 PM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02
awesome
12/2/14 @ 5:04 PM
BeerTownFyreman
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01
No compass for me. In fact, that was an argument against spending the money to do this by some people. Sure, it did the job but.. it's the basic, entry level, plain jane, no frills model. My mom chuckled quietly at that statement, and said that pretty much summed up her father in one sentence. I knew at that point, I was getting this gun back to it's glory regardless of the cost! Both my girls have fired this gun at the range. Although it hasn't happened hunting, this gun has been shot by 4 generations at the range. Not many can say that. P.S. I've also got my great grandma's (yeah... I said grandma) break action 12 gauge she used to hunt pheasant with. I'll be throwing some coin at that gun sometime this year I hope.
12/2/14 @ 4:10 PM
marinerman
User since 6/27/01
Try Bobs guns shop in VA, bobsguns.com, he's supplied me with obsolete mags and firing pins in the past.
12/2/14 @ 3:49 PM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02
beauty!!, does yours have the small compass under the trigger on the stock?
12/2/14 @ 3:04 PM
BeerTownFyreman
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01
Can't help you with parts, but I agree that finding one for parts can be had relatively cheap. Yeah... I spent way, way more getting the gun shooting and looking good than it's "worth". I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I'm the 3rd generation to hunt with mine. Was my grandpas. I never met him, but I'll never forget the smiles and tears from grandma the day I asked her if I could use it to hunt when I turned 12. 30th consecutive deer opener for me with it this year. Besides a tear down cleaning (that stopped just short of reblueing), I had the wood stripped and redone with dents/dings removed, new scope and clip, and added the sling mounts and sling. Good luck on your quest. It's not the prettiest girl at the ball, but she turns a few heads.
12/2/14 @ 12:46 PM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02
thanks for all the great info guys, this gun is my dads and means a lot to me so I would never junk it, ive read a lot about these guns and I for one love it its a tack driver and has never jammed on me or anything the finish is great and very little pitting or rust, I love the gun a lot and it has harvested many deer in the last 30 years. Big Smile
12/2/14 @ 12:08 PM
Timmer72
User since 12/26/06
It may be repairable. See link below for the Stock Doc. He's at the Bob & Rocco shows too if there is one coming up nearby. He does an incredible job. http://www.stockdocusa.com/
12/2/14 @ 10:49 AM
Old Salt
Old Salt
User since 8/14/02
Those old 740's can be bought for little money these days due to their jamming issues caused by inferior metals used in the actions. If you want to sink money into yours, you may as well just buy another and use it for parts. JMHO.
12/2/14 @ 10:46 AM
Horble
User since 4/11/08
Try this guy. He is in Trego and has a lot of used and misc parts. [email protected] His name is Rory.
Displaying 1 to 12 of 12 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE