Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

McMillers Range

4/8/14 @ 2:44 PM
ORIGNAL POST
ditto
User since 12/6/10
Anybody been to McMiller's range? As I understand it it's owned by the DNR but privatley run. How's the range? Does it have a large store with it to buy guns and ammo?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 7 OF 7 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
7/4/14 @ 10:41 AM
marinerman
User since 6/27/01
Chamber flags ARE becoming very common. Cost should only be a couple of bucks. MANY new rifles and pistols come with them. Most rifle matches I shoot REQUIRE them.

7/3/14 @ 3:43 PM
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
MEMBER since 3/25/14
I've shot their sporting clays 11 times so far this year. I have seen 5 different setups and I have never been charged for malfunctions.(as long as you report them at the register) Ammo and gun prices are high. I don't buy guns or ammo there. I live close so I spend a lot of time shooting. The range supervisors are much more polite and helpful than 5 years ago, that is for sure. Ranges are a mess now since all the ranges are getting redone. I give it 4 out of 5 stars! Safety FIRST!!

4/11/14 @ 6:46 PM
muskrat30
muskrat30
User since 10/14/01
I go there in a pinch. I like our camp property up North much more. Last time I was there the lady asked if I had a 'chamber flag'? I said no & wasn't totally sure what one is. I then had to buy one to use the range. I guess it's not enough that the action is open & no guns touched during 'cease fire', now you need a chamber flag too.

I also have 2 friends with some room to shoot on their farms, that's better also.

4/9/14 @ 3:46 PM
MuskyHunter
MuskyHunter
User since 6/17/01
You would have liked the sporties a whole lot more before Milford Hills took over. Constant broken birds that they charge you for.

4/9/14 @ 12:12 AM
kswales
kswales
User since 4/6/10
I went last weekend to shoot sporting clays and had a blast! tough course but it was fun. first time there and was surprised at how large the place was. tons of room for shooting.

4/8/14 @ 5:17 PM
MuskyHunter
MuskyHunter
User since 6/17/01
Has ammo for sale. Not a huge store. Run by the snobs of Milford Hills. Used to be a fun place to shoot sporties, just a place to blow money now.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 7 OF 7 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.