LOGIN
Lake-Link

H&R ultra slug hunter 12 guage

11/15/15 @ 12:59 PM
ORIGNAL POST
hunt4horns14
hunt4horns14
User since 12/2/08
Recently picked up a never fired h&r ultra slug hunter 12 gauge. Took it to the range and it seems the firing pin doesn't make strong enough contact on the primer, just makes a small indent. Anyone have this same issue? Was hoping to use it for this years gun season as the area i hunt has an ordinance for shotgun only.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
11/20/15 @ 9:14 AM
qdmaguy
User since 6/14/10
This is a common problem with that gun. I believe there may even have been a recall on them? Get one of them that works well, and they're a tack driving slug gun. Problem is, very few of them seemed to work well.

11/19/15 @ 5:46 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12
Ive owned a few bad guns. Every piece is made with a tolerance and it just could be that this gun was made with too much tolerance in the "right" parts that leads to a faulty firing action. Like the previous poster said, try a different ammo or take it back to the seller or manufacturer.

Two more choices, see a gunsmith or join one of those web forums where a lot of diehard gun nuts post every day. Some of the forums are specific to the make of the gun but I dont know that H&R has enough of a cult following to have its own forum.

11/15/15 @ 6:17 PM
muskrat30
muskrat30
User since 10/14/01
Have you tried other ammo? If the problem persists I'd contact the manufacturer ASAP. There is usually a grace period of sorts with a new gun. If you bought it through a sporting goods store, check with them.

In a shotgun only area I normally choose my Knight M-L, just preference.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.