Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Where's the ammo

2/2/13 @ 1:07 PM
ORIGINAL POST
marinerman
USER SINCE 6/27/01
Not sure who posted the first thread with just a title but... where is the ammo? If you find a supply and want to share where post below.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 696 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

TODAY @ 1:09 PM
no-luck
USER SINCE 12/14/12

Got very lucky today or maybe things are improving, purchased the last three remaining boxes of Rem. Core-lokt 30.06 150 grain at Walmart Eau Claire, for $24.84 per box.

11/13/21 @ 10:55 AM
larryallen
USER SINCE 12/4/02

Was at McMiller shooting range in Eagle this morning and in the club house they had a bunch of different shotgun and rifle ammo.  Most trap load 12 gauge about $10 a box.  410 were $15 a box.  Different rifle calibers including 25-06, .17 and 22 caliber.  Bunch of other stuff I don't remember.  A million guys there sighting in their deer rifles.

11/11/21 @ 8:45 PM
kaptainkirk_24
USER SINCE 6/21/07

I was at Witt's Ace Hardware in Crivitz today. They had a good selection of 30-06, .270, and .308.  Limit of one box per day. 

11/9/21 @ 5:24 PM
Pickled Northern Pike
USER SINCE 10/19/21

Stopped at Cabelas & West side Fleet Farm in Green Bay today to checkout the hunting ammo supplies.    Saw zero ; 30-30 , 270 , 30-06 , 7MM Rem Mag on the shelves.

11/5/21 @ 5:35 PM
panks
USER SINCE 10/22/08

Are Walmart had four packs of trap loads today. Since biden's inauguration, price has gone up $8 per 4 pack.

11/2/21 @ 3:04 PM
hockeyguy39
USER SINCE 8/24/07

My wife's grandpa used to reload but I don't. I have a box of 250 Hornady V-Max .224 diameter 40 gr bullets available if anyone needs them for their own reloading purposes. Appleton area. PM me and I'm sure we can work something out. 

11/2/21 @ 12:01 PM
oldhunter
USER SINCE 2/28/13

Was at the Reel Shot in Appleton yesterday.  They surprisingly had a quite a bit of ammo on shelves. I didn't look to closely, but lot of 9mm and such.  Also noticed three pallets of shotgun shells  by the case, Believe they may have been trap loads.  

11/1/21 @ 6:09 PM
Master_Piker
Master_Piker
USER SINCE 12/7/05

I hadn't heard about that plant, but that's great to hear! Yeah, I have yet to understand the 17 HMR craze myself. A .177 bullet moving at Mach Jesus that explodes on impact...it's neither a good hunting round if you plan on eating your quarry nor a good target round due to the small bullet that has a ton of wind drift. And it isn't a cheap round to shoot? At least the 22 WMR has a heavy enough bullet to do some damage, but even that isn't leaps and bounds better than a 22LR...

10/31/21 @ 3:33 AM
Deerlake1
USER SINCE 6/20/13

Looking for trap loads for high school trap team in Wisconsin for next spring.We bought Direct from a manufacturer last year that let high schools buy direct,  but people misused the program (sold cases to others)  and they may not have the program this winter. Can't say I blame them. Someone always screws up a good thing.

10/30/21 @ 7:41 PM
river_chaser
USER SINCE 10/3/12

MPiker Now that you mention it AMMO is building a new plant in Manitowoc to open next summer

Have to agree. All the botique calibers seem sensless and are a retooling expense that contribute to the shortage.
It was quite the stroke of marketing genius that gun makers recently came out with 17 caliber guns during a shortage of .22 ammo.  

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 696 POSTS
Advertise here
Cold Water Deadstick Ice Combos feature a Ceymar micro baitfeeder, a full grip non-reel seat handle for customized placement, and a 1-pcs 24-ton carbon rod blank construction. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: OKUMA FISHING TACKLE - Okuma Cold Water Deadstick Ice Combos
The head, body and goose-feather accents of each jig are entirely purple and enhanced with Ultra Glow technology, which holds a charge for as many as 15 minutes. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: VMC - NEW Glow Purple Tungsten Fly and Bullfly Jigs
An ice rod built as tough as the frozen winter landscape of the ice belt. A new platform for St. Croix, the Tundra series is a culmination of ice centric features demanded by hardwater anglers. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ST. CROIX RODS - St. Croix Tundra Ice Rods
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.