Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Where's the ammo

2/2/13 @ 2:07 PM
ORIGINAL POST
marinerman
USER SINCE 6/27/01
Not sure who posted the first thread with just a title but... where is the ammo? If you find a supply and want to share where post below.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 551 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

4/20/21 @ 5:16 PM
no-luck
USER SINCE 12/14/12

WOW as to what people are willing to believe.

4/20/21 @ 4:09 PM
marinerman
USER SINCE 6/27/01

Not sure what your WOW is in response to, his comment or the news anti's are buying up the ammo.

Same old internet and extreme bull. It's been explained why we have a shortage. Just like in 2016 and 2012 ...

4/20/21 @ 1:48 PM
no-luck
USER SINCE 12/14/12

I stopped at Scheels today to see if they had any ammo.  Had some, was able to get a box of .243 for my wife.  Chatted with another customer about the empty shelves and when that may change.  He commented that won't be happening.  He relayed that anti-gunners and anti-hunters are buying up all the ammo.  I asked where he got that information, he said from a news site he watches on the web.  Wow!!

4/18/21 @ 11:25 AM
mikieb
USER SINCE 10/11/15

Two weeks ago or so....  I posted on here about a guy I say at Fleet Farm in Waupaca, with a whole case of rimfire 22 ammo at the check out.... when there was not a bullet to be had any where in the store... this guy has a whole case.

With in a day or so, my post wast taken down, removed... cencered you would say.

Well... word must have got back to Fleet Farm all the same... because, last Friday they had rifle ammo on the shelves... not much.... and not the good stuff... but it was ammo and it was on the shelf.  

4/14/21 @ 9:13 PM
marinerman
USER SINCE 6/27/01

I was told be s reliable source Cabela's has had a pretty consistent source of handgun ammo. It's kept behind the register area of the gun dept and you have to ask for it. Limit usually 1 or 2 boxes. I found the same at FF Germantown last week.

4/9/21 @ 3:55 PM
Esox JJ
MEMBER SINCE 6/4/05

I just made a purchase online for 9mm defense rounds from freedom munitions. They also have 9 mm target rounds available now. Of course the prices are much higher then before. Check their website to see if they have what you need.

4/9/21 @ 10:00 AM
walleye53
USER SINCE 3/30/15

Duck Fever - Scroll down the page.  I still have 600 rounds of 7 1/2 left. I ran into this same issue with my grandson and found 2400 rounds. The kids have been shooting these and they work well. 

4/9/21 @ 8:29 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER SINCE 9/27/01

Was at Fleet Farm in GB last weekend. There were some turkey load 12 gauge on the shelf but everything else was gone. Heard a guy ask the employee behind the counter when ammo would start returning. His response was "don't expect it for at least 6 months". 

Glad I'm fully stocked with what I need.

4/9/21 @ 7:48 AM
garking
MEMBER SINCE 7/2/19

duckfever check your messenger

4/8/21 @ 8:57 PM
marinerman
USER SINCE 6/27/01

Check ammoseek.com

There are trap loads out there but $10-12 bx

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 551 POSTS
Advertise here
The Rapala® Rain Jacket and Bib Series are built on high expectations, combining advanced technology performance with upgraded waterproof and breathable components for more extreme conditions. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: RAPALA - Rapala Pro Rain Suit
Precision trolling with a low profile at an affordable price. Loaded with features, the Convector Low Profile Line Counter will keep you in the strike zone! PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: OKUMA FISHING TACKLE - Okuma Convector Low Profile Line Counter Reel
Only Talon has up to 15' of anchoring, letting you pick the perfect hold for any condition. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Minn Kota Talon
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.