Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Where's the ammo

2/2/13 @ 1:07 PM
ORIGINAL POST
marinerman
User since 6/27/01
Not sure who posted the first thread with just a title but... where is the ammo? If you find a supply and want to share where post below.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 429 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

11/19/20 @ 2:43 PM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07

I'm sure you'd find buyers! Glad I have enough or I'd be taking a drive your way lol. Based on your comment, some may be doing just that!

I shared that FB meme about the store that had tons of ammo. The original "See More..." option went to the comments but mine just wouldn't do anything. I had a lady first ask where, then tell me it wasn't expanding lol

11/18/20 @ 9:15 PM
Mr.Seaguar
User since 2/5/05

Dang, I outta buy a bunch of 06 ammo and sell it when I get up there. Our stores here have some.

11/18/20 @ 8:03 PM
marinerman
User since 6/27/01

Yes.

Reloading components are non existent. Primers and powder are non existent. Fortunately I have enough to last for a while. Most reloaders I know buy in bulk.

11/18/20 @ 8:02 PM
shadling1
shadling1
User since 1/17/12

People are really desperate for hunting ammo. People looking for it all over on FB marketplace. Guy I work with put up an extra box of of cheap federal 06 ammo today and said make offer. He sold it within 5 minutes for $75....  

11/18/20 @ 6:03 PM
Edge
User since 2/28/07

My son called me today saying alot of the shops here around Ripon are low or out. Luckily I have a few boxes of his caliber.

You guys that reload, are you having problems getting the powder,lead, brass?

11/18/20 @ 5:37 PM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01

Perchin sent friend request for message

11/18/20 @ 2:52 PM
perchin1989
perchin1989
User since 9/14/15

In need of some blackhorn 209. Gun has never been fired. Procrastination got me again. Any help would be appreciated. Portage area, would travel a bit if anyone had excess and willing to help a guy out. Thanks.

11/16/20 @ 3:05 PM
Mr.Seaguar
User since 2/5/05

I saw an awesome Facebook post. It was a picture of a full stocked wall of ammo and said: if you are looking for cheap ammo read more. Of course everyone clicks the read more and all that did was open the post. It was awesome. Here in iowa we only allow straight wall cartridges but the stores here are picked over pretty bad. I found 40 rounds for my 350 legend at 1 store and 20 at another. I work at Walmart so I see how fast it comes in and goes out. Pretty darn fast. 

11/16/20 @ 10:49 AM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07

So, I have 13 rounds left, and really hope that should be sufficient for the 9 day gun season. If it's not, I'm either having the best season EVER or am a much worse shot than I realize lol. But the shelves are EMPTY in the Appleton/Green Bay area from what I could see (FleetFarm, Cabelas). I saw an ad on Craigslist "desperately seeking 30/06 ammo" this morning too, which makes me wonder...with this severe shortage that seems to have been going on for a while, how many people aren't going to be able to hunt because they don't have/can't find shells for their guns? 

If anyone knows of a place (Green Bay/Fox Valley) that has any Remington CoreLokts in 150gr, shoot me a PM!

10/31/20 @ 9:53 AM
ere
User since 2/22/07

went to Fleet Farm Deforest the other day they had about 20 boxes of 9mm, some 380, hardly any rifle ammo.  Saw a couple come in and by ther max allowed of everything available. Ironically I stopped at Gander on the way home found a box of 270wsm, They had some ammo. I was incredibly impressed with there overall inventory of other things, If you want to stock up on ice fishing jigs before every thing gets picked over thats where I head.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 429 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.