SEARCH
MORE
Guns & Shooting

Waterfowl gun, what to buy

12/7/19 @ 6:20 PM
INITIAL POST
Sylvain Guy
PRO MEMBER User since 7/6/01
Looking to buy a new semi auto in camo. Any thoughts? Own mostly Brownings but the Maxus seems to have problems with camo coming off and shells cycling. Maybe an A5 orWinchester super SX 4.

Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 posts
12/12/19 @ 7:10 PM
Sylvain Guy
PRO MEMBER User since 7/6/01

Stuck with my Browning, Maxus wicked wing. Great price from Reeds. Thanks for all the input.

12/11/19 @ 7:17 PM
Tr carper
Tr carper
User since 6/15/15

Beretta all the way. It's build like a tank. Heavier then the Winchester which takes alot of recoil out plus has a recoil reducer. A 3.5 heavy shot shell feels like nothing. My buddy has the new Winchester and that thing is feather light. So I'm sure that thing would pound on the shoulder. If you afford the beretta get it. 

12/11/19 @ 7:00 PM
Kingfishertwo
User since 8/8/06

I have a Beretta A300. I love it! I have shot clays, ducks, and geese. Never jammed. Can't go wrong with Beretta.

12/11/19 @ 3:19 PM
bs4u00
User since 6/8/05

I suggest first deciding if you want a gas or inertia semi-auto.  If you don't know the difference, quick research online will tell you.  There are lots of good guns out there. Having a max price in mind will also help guide you in your choice.  My recommendation is if you can spend at least $500 to $600, then you'll be buying a gun that will hold up.  Shoulder a bunch of them and swing as you would hunting.  That should help you find one that fits well.  

12/9/19 @ 1:15 PM
goin
goin'outforabite
User since 8/6/19

I will be the 2nd to comment on how well I like my Winchester SX-2 for waterfowling....have the all-black synthetic stock and forearm; personally, I prefer the gas-operated over the Benelli and Beretta Inertia semi-autos.....don't have the same jolt to the shoulder, and easier to keep my cheek on the stock for 2nd and 3rd shots.

12/8/19 @ 7:28 PM
no-luck
User since 12/14/12

I have been using a SX2 for a number of years, no problems at all.

12/8/19 @ 10:53 AM
a390man
PRO MEMBER User since 2/13/12

Can't go wrong with buying a Beretta A-400. Mine has never jammed or malfunction in any way. I shot it all season and never had to clean it at all. And you don't feel the recoil at all even with shooting 3.5 in shells. 

12/7/19 @ 8:15 PM
samfox
User since 3/17/09

I shot a 11-87 for years, wore it out. Bought a Maxus about 5-6 years ago mine has been flawless. Did have a small issue with the stock being sticky. Browning sent new stock.

Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE