Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Stimulus money firearms

4/1/20 @ 9:18 PM
ORIGNAL POST
One shot one kill
MEMBER since 8/12/02

Who's going to spend some or all of your money on a firearm ?  Tell us what you’d like ,   American  made of course   !  I was thinking of a Henry  .22 .

DISPLAYING 41 TO 48 OF 48 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
4/4/20 @ 1:06 PM
cajunmusky
User since 8/22/05

BT-

Plus one more for the M1.  You can shop around and wait for Springfield to do a gear up promo, I got a loaded version with wood/SS, came with custom case, 2 cleaning kits, 2x 5rd mags, and I added 3x 10 rd, 3x 20rd, leather sling, 1-3x Vortex, scope mount, and I was all in for less than 1500.  In retrospect, I would have skipped the glass, the scope mount makes it almost mandatory to add a high-rise cheek piece to the stock to make it worthwhile.

The weapon is unbelievable solid, reportedly good out to 400yds, but my old eyes are only good to 200-250.  The only mild negatives I could come up with is the weight of the rifle and the cost of ammo- bulk 762 still runs at .75c/rd, storebought 150 grain will be about 1$ a round- I have been spoiled by years of free unlimited ammo, so I only take out the M1 as a treat to myself, like a good scotch or a good steak- not an everyday thing, but something to savor when you have earned it.

Also I would love to try the SOCOM version in poly, but know in my heart that if I got a chance to shoot one, it would end up costing me 1700$ or so.

4/3/20 @ 3:43 PM
Bowhunting Guy
User since 5/22/18

Bugle- you should buy one. No collection is complete without that. I’ve shot mine a handful of times and it is an incredible piece of history. 

I’ve always wanted to make a display to put over my bar with my Mauser 98K crossed with a Garand (Garand on top). Kind of making a statement with the rifle that saved the world and the rifle that almost destroyed it. 

4/2/20 @ 5:30 PM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

Yea Bugle, that’s also on my list. I had fully auto M-14’s, and Semi’s In military. Basically the same gun. I like the fully tactical ones they sell. Love that gun! 

4/2/20 @ 5:20 PM
glimmertwin
User since 1/18/11

It's the Saint Edge for me, been looking at it since it came out, but could never come up with the coin. It's $1,068 on grab a gun now. With the phone call and tax, be just about the $1200. Got another small bonus from work for working through Covid 19, gonna use that for 500 rounds and a few mags. Hope we actually get the $$$ soon. Stay safe all

4/2/20 @ 8:17 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

I have just about every firearm that I could ever want. Except for one. I'd love a Springfield M1 Garande. I might have to pull the trigger on that soon. Ha!

4/2/20 @ 7:44 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

If I did, I’m looking to get a Springfield Armory HellCat OSP for CC. Highest capacity Micro Conceal carry weapon. OSP means you can put a red dot on it.

4/1/20 @ 10:08 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

Gonna put it in savings to pay for next year's taxes on it. 

Tim

DISPLAYING 41 TO 48 OF 48 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.