Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Stimulus money firearms

4/1/20 @ 9:18 PM
ORIGNAL POST
One shot one kill
MEMBER since 8/12/02

Who's going to spend some or all of your money on a firearm ?  Tell us what you’d like ,   American  made of course   !  I was thinking of a Henry  .22 .

DISPLAYING 21 TO 30 OF 45 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
4/22/20 @ 10:20 AM
big mac
MEMBER since 2/19/02

Not a firearm. But looking for options on a scope for my Marlin 45-70 Guide Gun, stainless steel rifle.

Any input is greatly appreciated. 

Big Mac 

4/22/20 @ 7:15 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

Yea, AK’s will eat anything. 

4/21/20 @ 7:19 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

Thanks Snake. I found a good deal on brass, just a better deal on steel. I'll likely go brass. I feed steel through my SKS and that rifle can eat it just fine. But I do need to clean it after a day at the range. 

4/21/20 @ 6:41 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

Military casings have been dominated by Brass since before 1900. They have tried many different materials in the last 50yrs but Brass has always won out. The problem with brass is the weight! Right now they are testing a Polymer based casing because of its light weight. They are hoping to be able to accept Polymer by 2022.
I don’t know if steel cased ammo will work as good as brass in an M1 because I’ve only shot Brass through them(M14) because it was the only game on the block that passed Military Specs.
I wonder if Steel casings would still work? Military will not use them. Weight is a gigantic issue.

4/20/20 @ 6:11 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

For those who have an M1, do they eat steel case ammo well? Do you know what was the standard issue for casings when they were in service?  Big difference in bulk ammo price between steel and brass. I know most of the steel ammo is dirty but I love to strip a weapon down and clean it. Thanks for input. 

4/17/20 @ 3:38 PM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

Bought the TP9SA awhile back. It’s an awesome gun!!! Sure the SF is also. Great guns that are easy to shoot with accuracy. I love it!!! Bought it online. 

4/14/20 @ 8:36 AM
TunaBoat
TunaBoat
User since 4/11/02

I'm looking for a Canik TP9sf.  (Imported by Century Arms) Can't find one in my area.  It sounds like a nice entry priced pistol with a great trigger.  Not American made, but the ammo I'd shoot through it will be.

4/13/20 @ 8:51 PM
shadling1
shadling1
User since 1/17/12

I would personally love an M1 garand. Buddy had one growing up, a hand me down from his dad. We shot the heck out of that gun, 30-06 was pretty cheap then. Had lots of fun at the range. I could now afford one, and to shoot it, but it would sit in the safe and collect dust in reality. I'm down to very few guns, I really only shoot alot of handgun still. Not enough time behind rifles anymore, (besides 1 AR that gets shot alot) to justify the purchase for me.  

4/13/20 @ 8:19 PM
shadling1
shadling1
User since 1/17/12

30-06 for M1 Garand during WW2 and Korea. If your talking M14 or M1A1 for the civilian rifle that's .308(7.62x51)

4/13/20 @ 7:42 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

What was the standard caliber issued? I asked my pop but he honestly couldn’t remember. He’s in his 80’s and the memory ain’t so good these days.

DISPLAYING 21 TO 30 OF 45 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.