Guns & Shooting

Steel challenge / 3-gun info.

9/11/19 @ 7:30 AM
INITIAL POST
1fowl one
1fowl one
User since 12/9/10

Any steel challenge or 3- gun shooters?

The high school clay target teams are expanding, going to open up a whole new world for the young shooters.

I tried searching "guns and shooting", even looked back a couple pages and didn't see anything? Just looking for basic info, (guns, center and rim fire) mods/recommendations, scheduled shoots, ranges general conversations, etc. 

Thx.

Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts
11/27/19 @ 5:07 PM
Guidedfishing
User since 8/2/01

1Fowl,

You bet.  https://www.facebook.com/colfaxsportmensclub/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel&eid=ARCYQ7tq3FXsp7HRu-LzOlJz4pOIlMd41owJy_cOKCmI7pucxYIybC22fwbjWwVgm0rHm1ClKGwR4w5e

I am responsible for setting the Match schedules and we will have 2020 finalized by the end of December.

Our Club also sponsors our youth SASP team, and I am sure our SASP coach would love to have your team come over and compete and work with our youth team on the SASP stages.

Definitely want to get them over for Steel Challenge matches, we cut a deal for your shooters as well for Steel Challenge.

We are very youth friendly and go out of our way to accommodate our youth programs and provide opportunities to youth shooters in Steel Challenge, USPSA, and 3 Gun.

Let me know how we can help.

11/23/19 @ 12:59 PM
1fowl one
1fowl one
User since 12/9/10

Guidedfishing,

That's exactly what im looking for. Other shoots around Wi that I can get the athletes shooting at. Does the club have a Facebook book page/ calendar of events? Colfax is a bit of a haul, so I'd like to put it in our season calendar and plan for it. Especially the rimfire challenge. I assume youth shooters are welcomed? 

Thx!

11/20/19 @ 10:12 PM
Guidedfishing
User since 8/2/01

What would you like to know about Steel Challenge & 3 Gun in the state of WI.  Our club in Colfax WI is one of the most active in all of WI for Steel Challenge and 3 Gun.  In 2020 we will host the WI State Steel Challenge Championship, along with the WI Rimfire challenge championship.

9/19/19 @ 5:36 PM
fsnthnt
User since 4/25/16

Schultz gun club in Muskego hosts 3 gun, steel challenge, USPSA and IDPA events and is open to hosting a Scholastic pistol team.

9/16/19 @ 9:37 AM
1fowl one
1fowl one
User since 12/9/10

A few examples of set ups. And the athletes compete with; 

22 rim fire pistol, 22 rf rifle, 1911 division and pistol caliber carbine. All timed. They dont draw from a holster from submission stance like adults. They start from inside the cone. 

From some of the info i picked up, i was told the browning 22 buckmark is not a good choice (ammo picky). The Ruger mark 3-4 is better. The Ruger 10/22 is a great rifle choice. The sasp banned the 22 Smith and Wesson rifle for this season. And from another coach on a team in the area. Tell parents, "minimum five mags",  "For an example, they (athletes) shoot @10,000 rounds a season" and be prepared to travel a bit". 

9/16/19 @ 9:07 AM
1fowl one
1fowl one
User since 12/9/10

I'm a coach and two of my kids are on a (sctp) clay target team. Great program! And it grows every year. More teams, shooters, adult volunteers, invitational shoots, conferences, sponsors and information. And obviously we are very fortunate to have many "clay target" gun clubs to practice/ league shoot at around the area! 

But this coming season our team is building a pistol/rifle division. But it seems the sasp is just starting to build in this area. Nowhere near the teams, info, gun ranges (steel target set ups) and youth competition shoots out there. Its more just practice and the state (and surrounding states) shoot, finishing at Nationals. So im looking for the gun clubs with a steel challenge set up, maybe a league, and/or steel challenge (adult/youth) shoots. Also other teams we can practice/ shoot against for fun. These young athletes can practice all they want, but its not the same as a competition when the excitement, stress and nerves kick in. 

So far, I have a experienced pistol/rifle lead coach, we have a place to practice and a generous sponsor donating the ar500 steel targets and stands. Im shooting for October to get squads together, athletes registration (sasp) completed and start practicing. The athletes and i are excited. 

So i started the thread just to see whats out there, to let people know its out there and im excited, just like to read and talk about it! Lol. Like the "shotgun sports" thread. 

Thx!

9/13/19 @ 12:47 PM
Lundguy2
User since 4/22/15

Not exactly sure what your looking for but I'm a member at Daniel Boone in Richfield, they have numerous matches.  Most are over for the year but they have 3 gun steel, AR 15, tatical challenge, I do the hunter silhouette.  They are all low key and just about having fun.  Some you have to be a member but most you don't.  One of the other guys that does silhouette runs the SASP with the Hartford hotshot team.  Talking to him alittle about it I want to get my boy into the program.

9/12/19 @ 1:37 PM
1fowl one
1fowl one
User since 12/9/10

Yeah,

just lookin to see whats out there for ranges, available set ups and competitions. I want to have a good grip on whats out there, before i pull the trigger on this. (pun intended)  I posted a short video of the youth steel challenge. Im wondering how well some of the athletes will make the change back and forth, from clay targets to speed action shooting?

shttps://youtu.be/7fiGCJJo0QQ

9/12/19 @ 10:30 AM
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
User since 3/25/14

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but may help with a better direction...

https://oscinc.org/wposcinc/practical-rifle/

Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE