MORE
Guns & Shooting

Sig Sauer P365XL

10/2/22 @ 12:30 AM
INITIAL POST
Gman762
Gman762
User since 1/10/21

Picked one of these up about 3 weeks back for every day carry. Still trying to find a holster or two that suit my style(s). Have a Fobus paddle holster, an elastic chest band holster and have a Don Hume JIT Slide on the way. The first two seem comfortable for all day carry and have every reason to believe that the JIT Slide will be similar.

Have had the pistol out to the range and checked the sight register with Fed FMJ ball fodder. The pistol held a 1" and a 1-3/8" group for 5 shots at 15 yards. The register was so close that is wasn't worthy of discussion. This is actually kind of odd as most find the "pumpkin on a fence post" will yield low hits with the Sig P365 models. The trigger was pretty gritty and that will be massaged over the winter. Have a Sig Romeo Zero sight en route and will get a zero at 15yds using the Federal 124gr HST ammo. My eyes are not quite what they once were and I need to either use a diopter pinhole crutch on my shooting glasses or use my +1.25 reading glasses to get a clean/crisp front sight. This luxury would not be afforded if the SHTF on the street.

Am hoping the single red dot of the reflex sight will give me fast acquisition of a precise sight picture. Time will tell. Am very happy so far with this Sig pistol.

Displaying 1 to 2 of 2 posts
10/13/22 @ 7:55 AM
Gman762
Gman762
User since 1/10/21

Mounted the Sig Romeo Zero and took to the range with Rem ball ammo first before getting a final zero with Fed 124gr HST. I did find that when switching from a bag rest to freehand shooting, my zero shifted 4-5" left at 15 yards (rt hand shooter). Very odd compared to other experiences of the past.

When I simply rested my elbows on the bench, it was more compliant with freehand shooting. Could not shoot real tight patterns using the elbows (old and shaking like a cat passing peach pits). Taking my time and getting surprise shots, it would hold a 4-5" pattern at 30yds with the Fed 124gr HST. God forbid that I should ever need to shoot that far.

It takes some doing to pick up that dot instantly when drawing quickly from the holster and it will require lots of practice for "muscle/mental memory". 

Sig Sauer P365XL photo by Gman762
Displaying 1 to 2 of 2 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE