MORE
Guns & Shooting

Shotgun Sports

5/6/15 @ 10:46 AM
INITIAL POST
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
User since 3/25/14
So who has been out shooting? What do you like and why? Post some scores!! Are leagues worth it or should a shooter just go out for fun? Lets get a forum going and maybe get together and shoot!!
Displaying 60 to 69 of 221 posts
4/5/19 @ 11:25 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

Finally got out today to shoot the 1st targets of the year for me. Ran the 2nd round in 16's. 23 in 2nd round of yardage (24), 42 in doubles running 1st post and another. Good to shake the rust.

Tim 

4/5/19 @ 11:06 PM
One shot one kill
User since 8/12/02

Last year's was the first one . And on a weekday  .  I think it was done that way so the place could be closed for the party  . Plus there were a lot of new shooters so everything was dialed down to slow .

4/5/19 @ 12:48 PM
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
User since 3/25/14

Keep us posted, If its on a weekend I would probably shoot it.

4/4/19 @ 1:20 PM
One shot one kill
User since 8/12/02

There is another charity shoot at Wern Valley coming up . It's for ARCH.  Rights for citizens with handicaps  . I had the date.  I will have to find it . I just bought an O/U , so I'm anxious to give it a try on sporting clays . A pump was just a bit slow .

4/4/19 @ 9:38 AM
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
User since 3/25/14

Lets get together and support a great cause. I've been there since its started and it gets better and better every year. Message me if you have questions...

3/3/19 @ 7:33 PM
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
User since 3/25/14

Shrimp league at Waukesha has started. My team decided to use .410’s for this league.... well... it was a tad difficult today. I think I’ll blame it on the temps and the clays were frozen and unbreakable!!  

To our surprise they decided to do a 28ga league along with the Shrimp league! After a round with the .410’s we grabbed our 28’s and had a much better time. Looking forward to next week... 

2/25/19 @ 9:24 AM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

Yes. When it warms up is when I start shooting. Those 10 flats are about 1/3 of what I'll shoot this summer. Practice and competition.

Tim

2/24/19 @ 10:31 PM
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
User since 3/25/14

Sounds like someone needs to get some shooting in!! I shot 3 bird for the first time ever. Can’t believe I shot on a day that had 30-40 mph winds.. That was a ton of fun but what a challenge with the wind. Shot a 39 and a 41. Shot the 12ga today. I didn’t feel like wasting any .410 ammo with today’s conditions. 

2/24/19 @ 7:08 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

Got another 5-plus flats loaded between Friday and another session today. Gotta wait another paycheck to get more powder as I'm virtually out. Have 10 flats on hand now. A good start.

Tim

2/22/19 @ 2:30 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

You can always do some after market recoil reduction on any gun. From what I have heard about Stoeger's is that they are not going to hold out for a long time. They also have an annoying auto-safety that engages every time you open the action. This would be a problem if you are at the club and call for a target and nothing happens when you pull the trigger. If you shoot at a club where you pre-pay for targets, you may not get all 25 targets. It would also likely annoy the others in your squad. This can be disabled and made into a regularly performing safety quite easily. I know. I have one that I won and have shot once. It beat the crap out of me and I just haven't gotten around to doing anything about it. Just don't shoot 5-stand or sporties that often, which is what I would use this gun for.

Tim

Displaying 60 to 69 of 221 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE