MENU
Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Shooting bolt actions - right handed, left eye dominant????

1/15/21 @ 4:16 PM
ORIGINAL POST
oldhunter
USER SINCE 2/28/13

Anybody shooting bolt actions when you are right handed but left eye dominant??

Are you shooting a left hand bolt using left eye, or right hand bolt and closing your left eye?  

What are recommendations?

DISPLAYING 11 TO 14 OF 14 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

1/15/21 @ 7:25 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
USER SINCE 7/24/20

That is nice redskin. 

1/15/21 @ 7:24 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
USER SINCE 7/24/20

I would try learning how to shoot with both eyes open. I know it’s sounds hard but can be done. I have taught many with shotgun and handgun to shoot better this way. I shoot running game with a scope and most times both eyes are open. Sometimes I can’t help and the left eyes does close. Not sure if that would help with your issue but I would try it. Was trained to do so and on my own perfected it. 

1/15/21 @ 7:19 PM
redskin
USER SINCE 1/28/02

My oldest daughter is right handed and left eye dominant.  I picked this up very early and she learned to shoot left handed with a right handed bolt. (Offered to upgrade her to a left handed bolt as the other kids started hunting, but she really liked her youth Winchester Model 70 - Still uses it).  Over time she has done well, and is quite good with it.  One time putting two shots in the chest of a buck while it was running.  She crosses over with her trigger hand to work the bolt.  This year she shot a doe on the run and blew its heart up from 80 yds away.  Proud dad moments....

DISPLAYING 11 TO 14 OF 14 POSTS
Advertise here
Meet Grizzly Coolers. Made right here in the USA and loaded with features that can't be beat. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: GRIZZLY COOLERS - Grizzly Hard-Sided Coolers
Only Talon has up to 15' of anchoring, letting you pick the perfect hold for any condition. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Minn Kota Talon
The Rapala® Rain Jacket and Bib Series are built on high expectations, combining advanced technology performance with upgraded waterproof and breathable components for more extreme conditions. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: RAPALA - Rapala Pro Rain Suit
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.