SEARCH
MORE
Guns & Shooting

Red dot optic for pistol

12/13/22 @ 6:05 PM
INITIAL POST
mopesrus
User since 4/8/13

I'm considering a red dot optic for a new pistol purchase. Pistol came w/RMR cut so most likely to buy Trijicon, Holosun, etc since no mounting plates would be necessary. I'd appreciate any thoughts, experiences, and/or recommendations.

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
5/1/23 @ 10:00 AM
Gman762
Gman762
User since 1/10/21
Have the SIG Zero Sight and it seems OK. Shake-awake, multi power levels and zeroes pretty easily. The key to using it quick is to draw and bring the pistol somewhat close to your eye to pick up the dot quickly. Press the pistol to the target as you are depressing the trigger.
4/22/23 @ 8:19 PM
mac da gaff
mac da gaff
PRO MEMBER User since 9/23/01
Mounted one of these on my Glock custom. 
https://www.cyeleeoptics.com/products/wolf0-rugged-pistol-shake-awake-red-dot

Shake awake, top battery access, long battery life.  only downside is needs a mounting plate and taller front and rear sights for a back up. Lower intensity on red dot makes it easier to square up in darker situations.

You can spend more but why?
3/23/23 @ 6:25 AM
JimLi
PRO MEMBER User since 12/20/11
Those type sights are great especially for our aged eyes. They do break, batteries die, etc. so be sure to keep proficient w/iron sights too. Find one that has red & green. You can't  see red in daylight. The green is good in day or night.
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE