SEARCH
MORE
Guns & Shooting

Over/ Under purchase

2/3/23 @ 10:12 AM
INITIAL POST
Musky99
User since 8/8/11

I would like to buy an O/u for sporting clays, and trap. I would love it if it could also be a field gun, but seems like two different types.

Budget would be around 2k, or less.

Seems like the cheap guns look and feel like they were built with a 2x4.

Any good brands or models out there that are reasonably priced?

Displaying 1 to 12 of 12 posts
3/23/23 @ 7:39 AM
shootist7
PRO MEMBER User since 2/9/14
Very nice, enjoy!
3/19/23 @ 6:55 PM
Musky99
User since 8/8/11
Thanks for all the feedback .

I broke down and bought a Fabarms Elos sporting.   
Of course it was well over budget and is definitely more of a clays gun.   Buddy let me use his and I really liked it.

First night I shot it I got a 49/50!   Buyers remorse is gone!
2/21/23 @ 8:00 AM
shootist7
Get anything yet?
2/9/23 @ 10:45 PM
Birdyboy
Birdyboy
User since 8/24/07

I would second Fishmunkee on anything Beretta 686. I have a 20ga White Onyx and a 12ga Silver Pigeon IV.  Both fit me well. I’m about 6’2” but I have long arms. Well balanced and solidly built.  I’m confident shouldering and shoot both well on birds. I can’t recall any malfunction with either gun. Really well built. 

2/8/23 @ 9:39 AM
fishmunkee
fishmunkee
User since 3/20/02

Go and pick up guns until you find one that feels right. The Beretta 686 platform is solid. The Silver Pigeon model is probably more than what you want to spend. I have the White Onyx model and it was in your price range when I bought it. I think there are other grades/models in your price range too. I'm 6'4" and it fits me very well. My brother and a buddy both have the Browning Cynergy and like them. The Browning Citoris have their fans. I don't like how they feel in my hands (personal opinion) but they have a good reputation. Good luck and have fun shopping!

2/7/23 @ 3:28 PM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

I also have a Browning Cynergy.  I really like the gun, feel like it fit me well right out of the box.  I use it for ducks/pheasants/turkeys and a few times a year trap or sporting clays.  

I shoot sporting clays once a year when I go with my FIL.  Last time I shot 49/50 so the gun must be pretty good (joking).

2/7/23 @ 9:45 AM
shootist7

Very true, fit is important. And the better a shotgun fits you to start with, the cheaper it is to make it fit you as it should. Not an impossible task, but it can get expensive.

2/4/23 @ 9:55 PM
Gman762
Gman762
User since 1/10/21

Before you drop coin on any field scattergun, check how it fits. Close both eyes and bring the gun to your shoulder. Drop your head to the stock and open your eyes. Check it several times to be certain. If you aren't looking right down that rib, take a pass. No amount of money spent will make you deadly with it.

2/3/23 @ 8:23 PM
shootist7

I happen to really like it. Browning's, out of the box, tend to fit me pretty good. And I do like how the trigger can be moved back and forth to fit your hand better. They're a very nice shotgun.

2/3/23 @ 6:07 PM
Musky99
User since 8/8/11

How do you like the cynergy?

2/3/23 @ 12:17 PM
shootist7

There's a very nice H&K in the classifieds here now (not mine). I wouldn't hesitate to use it for any of your mentioned activities. I have/use a Browning Cynergy CX 12ga with 30" barrels and use it for everything you'd use a shotgun for.

Displaying 1 to 12 of 12 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE