MORE
Guns & Shooting

New guns.

6/6/22 @ 7:24 PM
INITIAL POST
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
PRO MEMBER User since 7/24/20

Could not find the what have you bought lately so here is another. Pretty excited. Pellet gun additions. The dan Wesson 2 1/2 in and the 347 crossman vigilante. 

New guns. photo by Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Displaying 1 to 15 of 76 posts
4/15/24 @ 4:15 PM
Gman762
Gman762
User since 1/10/21
Mac, you have a 1:8" twist barrel and it will likely not handle "varmint" ammo real well as it will spin the projectile into dust. The cores are too soft and the jackets are too thin. Buy a box of std 55gr soft point ammo from Winchester, Federal and Remington. See which one shoots the best in your rifle and stick to it for fox/coyote. It will do everything you need it to do.

If the ammo, the rifle and the operator are capable, it is possible to get 1 MOA accuracy (1" for every 100yds) using a 4X optic.
4/15/24 @ 3:24 PM
mac da gaff
mac da gaff
PRO MEMBER User since 9/23/01
Picked up a Ruger 556 AR. Got it to group to about and inch at 50 yds. Now looking to spend some time and powder at the range dialing it in at 100 yds.

Any suggestions on fairly priced ammo? Will try and knock over a Yote with it as soon as I feel I can shoot it well.

I have a 1X4 power illuminated Vortex scope on it, this should help act like a red dot at close range and still reach out past a 100 yds, for clean-kills. What should I expect to hold as far as MOA with a 4 power scope?

Thank, Mac
New guns. photo by mac da gaff
4/9/24 @ 5:23 PM
Gman762
Gman762
User since 1/10/21
Stopped by a friend's home yesterday and he gave me an older AR-7 rifle, just because. It's one of the older Armalite rifles, not the newer Henry AR-7. This one has seen plenty of use and the bore is as bad as I have ever seen on a 22lR. Sooo, I just need to hunt down a disassembly video (not at all like the Henry AR-7) and give it a full detailing, front to back. Will bring back the bore with plenty of solvent and a phosphor bronze brush, as best as possible. Then, it will get a good range day with several brands/lots of ammo to see what yields a reasonable degree of accuracy for what it is. It won't be a benchrest rifle no doubt. . 
New guns. photo by Gman762
2/20/24 @ 10:35 PM
budman1987
User since 1/19/03
Won a colt m4 carbine ar15 the other night at a gun Banquet.  Pretty excited about that
2/20/24 @ 9:33 AM
Esox JJ
PRO MEMBER User since 6/4/05
I picked up a new high velocity projectile dispenser yesterday. Just a little plinker. Probably put the rail on it that came with it for a red dot that I already have. 
Ruger 10/22. Stainless barrel, synthetic stock. I've wanted one for a while and went to Bass pro because I had quite a few points on my CC.

1/12/24 @ 11:37 PM
Gman762
Gman762
User since 1/10/21
Had one of first Ruger 77/17 rifles when they first came out. Hornady was the only ammo available and I had to test several lots of their 17HMR ammo before I found one that really shot. Like any rimfire, try a couple of 22LR brands and ammo lots to find what shoots. Then stock up on a year's supply once you find one that really works well. 
1/11/24 @ 1:06 PM
FishinXtreme
FishinXtreme
PRO MEMBER User since 1/12/14
Picked up a Ruger 77 in 22cal!
1/2/24 @ 9:54 PM
Gman762
Gman762
User since 1/10/21
Another tinkertoy for a close bud. 223 Wylde chamber, 8" twist pencil profile barrel, 16" long, has a bit longer Foxtrot Mike forearm so that he gets a longer sight radius using the flip-up iron sights. 3X Primary Arms prism optic and a 2-stage 3-1/2# RRA trigger. Cotton picker shoots pretty well from the bags. The muzzle brake gets your attention, but sight movement on target is very negligible. He'll use it for deer with 62gr Fed Fusion ammo with a 5rd mgazine.
1/2/24 @ 9:42 PM
Gman762
Gman762
User since 1/10/21
The upper for more serious work. 223 Wylde chamber, 18" HBAR profile, 1:8" twist rate, Foxtrot Mike forearm, std GI flash hider. Has fired MOA elevation to 500yds with 77gr OTM handloads. 
12/28/23 @ 1:19 PM
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06
Just about to pull the trigger on a CMMG Mk10 10mm AR pistol in charcoal green. Has anyone ever shot one of these? Any possible feedback would be greatly appreciated. If I do get it, I will shoot it and provide a detailed analysis. Thanks.

Edit:  Waiting for it to ship. Got a 10% discount. I will report how it runs when I get it to the range. Now to buy some ammo. Sellier for the range. Underwood XD's for HD.

Jimmy
12/18/23 @ 6:31 PM
Master_Piker
Master_Piker
User since 12/7/05
Get.the.Net,

It depends on the type of muzzleloader and powder you shoot. I own two stainless CVA Optima rifles and shoot Blackhorn 209 powder. I sight in, hunt and clean my rifle at the end of the season. If you have a blued steel barrel and shoot a more corrosive powder, then you probably should clean more often. It just depends...

I do agree that muzzleloader season is a nice change of pace. Very peaceful in the woods, none of my neighbors hunt the black powder season, public lands generally are not very crowded either. There is usually snow (this year there wasn't much) and I tend to see more natural deer movement and generally a little of the second rut. It is a fun time to be out for sure. I hold out for a mature buck during the 9-day gun season and if I need meat, will shoot a doe or two with the smoke stick. I like that most deer don't run when shot with that big .50 cal. bullet. Most drop where they are standing.
New guns. photo by Master_Piker
12/18/23 @ 6:28 AM
Get.the.net
User since 12/30/13
Cleaned the muzzleloader & put away, really like it. First year trying it. My dad said to clean it after every shooting session, so pulled the breach plug and clean her up. Put lube on breech plug and put back in. Is it necessary to do that after every use? Enjoyed shooting it, nice gun, is a dream to carry around, is built for deer trackers, so it balances nicely on the trail…. Just didn’t get enough tracking snow., enjoyed having the woods to myself…. ​
11/21/23 @ 7:14 AM
Gman762
Gman762
User since 1/10/21
Tinkertoyed a 6.8SPC for a friend. Aero upper/lower, Wilson Combat fluted 1:11" twist barrel (16"), Rave 140 trigger, Foxtrot Mike forearm, Wilson Combat BCG. Everything fit with no issues. Parts came in late, so it appears that he must deflower it in the 2024 gun season.
11/16/23 @ 11:32 PM
Get.the.net
User since 12/30/13
Here’s the rig….
New guns. photo by Get.the.net
10/20/23 @ 7:37 PM
Get.the.net
User since 12/30/13
rec'd my scope rings, 1" and a 20 pack of 225 grain. 50 cal...... have to get this thing going !!!
Displaying 1 to 15 of 76 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE