SEARCH
MORE
Guns & Shooting

Muzzle loader purchase via Gunbroker

5/16/23 @ 8:09 PM
INITIAL POST
ere
User since 2/22/07

Looking into this, does anyone have any experience with them. I've been told they can be shipped to home address. Any help appreciated.

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
5/29/23 @ 4:12 PM
ere
User since 2/22/07
thanks everyone for the replies. In March we were down in Missouri for a wedding in Branson. Well you cant visit that area without a detour to Bass Pro in Springfield. i figured I'd snag one while I was down there...They had 2. I asked when they start to hit the shelves each year. Salesperson kinda surprised me. He said they usually don't carry many as it's not very popular down there. I figured it was a sure bet, guess not.
5/17/23 @ 6:07 PM
Master_Piker
Master_Piker
User since 12/7/05
If it is a muzzleloader ONLY (ie you cannot purchase a rifle barrel for it), then it can be shipped directly to your residence without requiring a transfer and 4473. I have ordered a couple CVA Optima's directly from CVA and both shipped to my front door, but someone over the age of 18 has to be present at delivery to sign for them, so a heads up on that. They will not allow the pre-delivery signature and leave it on the porch, at least not as of 2021 when I ordered my last one.

Edit to Add: Gun Broker may have more restrictive shipping policies, but as far as legality goes, muzzleloaders are not defined as a firearm and thus can be shipped directly to the customer without a 4473 transfer.
5/17/23 @ 5:55 PM
ere
User since 2/22/07
I've heard differing opinions regarding shipping. Some say they can be shipped direct others through a gun shop.
5/17/23 @ 4:44 PM
signman
User since 3/24/03
i have purchase 10 guns off of Gunbroker and never had a problem
5/17/23 @ 6:58 AM
Swamp buck
User since 1/23/09
Yes I have used Gunbroker. I purchased the gun and they sent it to a nearby licensed firearms dealer who then did all my paper work. Very simple process
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE