SEARCH
MORE
Guns & Shooting

HR 127

2/17/21 @ 6:09 PM
INITIAL POST
wallywood
User since 1/1/02

I hope all freedom loving Americans are aware of this bill introduced to the House of REPS. Please look it up, some highlights are setting up a public searchable data base that will show every gun you ''register''. The feds will look up your medical records to see if you were ever depressed and then take your guns. A $800 a year insurance policy every gun owner will have to get through the Feds. A $50000 fine and minimum 10 year prison term if don't register or failure to comply, A 24 hour federal run ''training instruction '' course. These are just some of the "Highlights'' People better look into this and call your government Reps. 

Displaying 1 to 13 of 13 posts
3/21/21 @ 4:10 PM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21

Read that Geico insurance company gives money to the Gun control lobbyists. Thank goodness I got rid of them in the early nineties. There is a list out you can search for “200 companies that give money to gun control activists.“ 

3/16/21 @ 10:38 PM
wallywood
User since 1/1/02

The left has come out with HR1808, HR1446 and S746 new "gun control" bills. Some highlights are banning of almost all modern semi auto rifles that could be used for home defense. A ban on magazines over 10 rounds,having to lock your guns in a safe with trigger locks installed ,Not being to pass down any of these evil guns to a family member and so on and so on. People better wise up, the left wants to disarm us. This is just the start.

3/16/21 @ 7:57 AM
muskrat30
muskrat30
User since 10/14/01

I’ll have no part of it. 

3/11/21 @ 1:04 PM
wallywood
User since 1/1/02

Leechster, I admire your position. I however have my doubts about the rest of our population of  gun owners. I think alot of them will bend over and comply like a herd of sheep. There are so many ''Gun Control'' bills coming out, the left wants to strike now. They will not stop with AR's or limiting us with 10 round magazines. They will not be happy unless every kind of firearm including pump shotguns are deemed illegal.Then antifa and the gangbangers can have there way with us.

3/11/21 @ 1:22 AM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21

I’m keeping my freedom either way. A lot of other Americans will do the same. They will wake up the giant if they’re not careful.

3/8/21 @ 1:33 PM
oldhunter
User since 2/28/13

The bill was introduced on Jan. 4, 2021,  It had NO co-authors and NO co-sponsors, neither democratic or republican. 

Now after two months, out of 435 representatives and 100 senators, it still has NO co-sponsors.    I believe in the political arena, that indicates  NO interest, and will likely go nowhere.   Just my opinion.

3/8/21 @ 9:16 AM
redhook
User since 12/25/09

The current political party in charge told us that gun control was coming and they got voted in so remember we were forewarned and people whom voted for them are to blame. Granted it is a long way from being passed into law but are you shocked that this is where the left is going. The last President had a lot to dislike about his personality but I believe the country was better off than it is now. Just my opinion and remember just like buttholes we all have one.

3/7/21 @ 12:44 PM
Chief W
User since 9/7/17

People have to read this thing, it is crazy.  It will be up to a psychologist to decide if you are sane enough to own a gun, then you need to attend 24 hours of training, register all your guns, insure all the guns and all this cost is out of pocket; no grandfather clause.  If for some reason your license to possess firearms is revoked you have to turn all your guns, and all the ammo for them, to the government, no transfer to family or friends.  READ IT AND CALL YOUR REPS!

Text - H.R.127 - 117th Congress (2021-2022): Sabika Sheikh Firearm Licensing and Registration Act | Congress.gov | Library of Congress 

3/6/21 @ 10:42 PM
Pedmo
User since 1/19/10

WOOHHOOOO scary stuff!

Would that be "clinically" depressed, bummed because you missed that big buck last year, or your sister turning down your marriage proposal ?

Who is backing this "bill", could it be the insurance industry? 

The Fed course will probably only speak to the liabilities & responsibilities of FN up with a gun. Along with a required Hunter Safety course, is that so bad? 

Right on Wally! This is America and anyone can say anything to frighten (or boost) anyone anytime any day anywhere. 

Doesn't have to be true, doesn't have to be vetted; just keep saying it. That will make it "true".

Caveat Emptor, especially w/ politicians, banks, insurance companies & lawyers (not burbot) & the internet!!!!!! 

3/6/21 @ 8:56 PM
wallywood
User since 1/1/02

The one highlight that kills me is the $50000 fine and 10 year minimum prison term for those that do not comply. Now tell me are we still in America?

3/4/21 @ 9:59 PM
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06

"Seems like the same hoops we have to jump through to own and operate a car or truck on public roads." Interesting. I wasn't even aware that we have to have insurance to operate a vehicle through the Feds.

2/18/21 @ 9:16 PM
Winchester30
User since 10/20/12

From the NRA:

H.R. 127 has a long way to go before becoming law.

o   The bill has not yet been scheduled for a committee hearing, and it currently has zero cosponsors.

o   While it is not presently moving, it does show how far gun control advocates would like to go in attacking the right to keep and bear arms.

2/18/21 @ 8:36 PM
Brother of the brush
User since 1/22/12

To bad operating a car isn't in our constitution.

2/17/21 @ 9:58 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
PRO MEMBER User since 7/24/20

Ya more nonsense from that side. I don’t panic. Keep the faith. 

Displaying 1 to 13 of 13 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE