MENU
Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Bought any guns lately? What did you buy?

10/26/08 @ 6:19 PM
ORIGINAL POST
CazTrait
CazTrait
USER SINCE 6/15/01
Winchester Super X2 wrapped in shadow grass. $775 new.

DISPLAYING 31 TO 40 OF 924 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

9/17/21 @ 6:49 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
USER SINCE 7/24/20

Glimmer check on line for others with issues with that Taurus. If you can pics of the casing that does not come out or the position of the shell at the ejection port might shed some light. Could be the extractor, a burr on the feed tunnel or like I said a big break in. Sound me like a Taurus side thy had with pt 145. Meant to jam. We experimented with a few of them. The one that did not jam had shells that did not make it to the target. They were a half in into the dirt. Put a micrometer inside the barrel and it was big. Never seen that before in testing. Keep us posted nothing more frustrating then a new gun they doesn’t work. 

9/17/21 @ 6:30 PM
Master_Piker
Master_Piker
USER SINCE 12/7/05

glimmer,

Loading the magazines and leaving them isn't a 'quick fix'...when I said load them and keep them loaded, I was talking WEEKS, not days...Regardless, it seems there may be a bigger issue than just the magazines. Surprising, because those newer G2 pistols have a pretty solid reputation...hope you get it straightened out!

9/13/21 @ 11:58 AM
glimmertwin
USER SINCE 1/18/11

Ok Gents,

Second time (finally) at range with my new (jamming) Taurus G2c. I had removed the grease, kept rounds in clips, everything you were kind enuff to recommend. Found some reasonable Norma 9mm at Fleet in Marshfield. Also again tried Tula and blazer ammo. Basically same problem, failures to feed or eject just like my last report. Very frustrating! Not quite as bad though- did get through one whole clip that functioned correctly. So now have about 250 rounds total through it. If its not better next time, gonna pack it up and send it back to Taurus.. from what i’ve been hearing, they just send you a new gun. Will put in another range session and report back. The clips did work better- thanks for that. 

8/29/21 @ 9:33 AM
Master_Piker
Master_Piker
USER SINCE 12/7/05

Try loading those magazines and leaving them sit loaded for a couple weeks. I own one of those pistols and 5 magazines and it will eat anything without issue. For break in I wouldn't use grease, just oil - and be liberal with it on the slide rails. Good luck!

I also bought a Winchester SXP Turkey a couple weeks ago. It patterns great and fits me very well!

8/29/21 @ 5:25 AM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
USER SINCE 7/24/20

I am assuming you wiped off all the cosmoline? Break it in heavily. Could be multiple issues. After breaking it in let us know. 

8/24/21 @ 8:16 PM
glimmertwin
USER SINCE 1/18/11

Bought a Taurus G2c at local hardware store for $249. Seemed to fit hand well and had great reviews- plus good luck with Taurus pistols in past. NOT THIS TIME! Took it to range, found the lips on the clips to be sharp and hard to load clips themselves. Only could get 10 rounds in one and 11 in the second.  As soon as the shooting started, do did the jams. In 150 rounds i only made it through one clip without a FTF. Stovepipe, and complete non ejection were the problem. I used four different types of 9mm, tula, magtech, blazer and some reloads . None functioned better than the others. Now here is my question- please don’t judge me- i did grease the slide rails and put a drop of oil on various moving parts. I own eight other handguns and have always lubricated them before initial firing. BUT THIS IS MY FIRST PLASTIC (POLYMER) pistol. Was the pre- firing oil a mistake? Thanks in advance for your answers!

7/27/21 @ 9:22 PM
troutmaskreplica
troutmaskreplica
USER SINCE 5/14/20

John, that's a really nice one! If my old, damaged right shoulder would allow, I'd bring my old Citori and shoot some clays with you. Congrats on a great O/U.

7/27/21 @ 8:44 AM
John Schultz
John Schultz
USER SINCE 3/14/14

Most recent gun purchase was earlier this summer. A Rizzini BR110 Light Luxe in 12 gauge. Needed a new pheasant gun and wanted one I could carry all day. Weighs in at just over 6 pounds. Shot trap with it the first week I had it and haven't used my trap gun since. Fits me perfect and the Italian's make some pretty nice doubles. Was tough to find one but glad I spent the time searching.

EyeChaser Guide Service
(608) 225-2395
7/26/21 @ 2:49 PM
svitreum
svitreum
USER SINCE 8/29/06

Thanks for the insight Bodhi77. I also agree that the striker fire poly CZ's are not for me. Hammer fire only. That's why I went with a P07 over a P10C. 

7/25/21 @ 10:50 PM
troutmaskreplica
troutmaskreplica
USER SINCE 5/14/20

Most recent addition....a Shaw custom Mk X. SS, fluted bolt, walnut stock, factory drilled/compensated muzzle brake, 27in bbl. 6 -18x40 Vortex scope. In 25-06 cal. Amazing piece.....3 holes in a quarter size circle.....at 300 yds, with premium rounds.

DISPLAYING 31 TO 40 OF 924 POSTS
Advertise here
Cold Water Deadstick Ice Combos feature a Ceymar micro baitfeeder, a full grip non-reel seat handle for customized placement, and a 1-pcs 24-ton carbon rod blank construction. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: OKUMA FISHING TACKLE - Okuma Cold Water Deadstick Ice Combos
An ice rod built as tough as the frozen winter landscape of the ice belt. A new platform for St. Croix, the Tundra series is a culmination of ice centric features demanded by hardwater anglers. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ST. CROIX RODS - St. Croix Tundra Ice Rods
The new StrikeMaster Pro Jacket and Pro Bibs delivers the ultimate in cold-weather outerwear, keeping you warm, comfortable and safe on the ice. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ICE FORCE - Pro Jacket & Bibs
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.