MENU
Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Bought any guns lately? What did you buy?

10/26/08 @ 6:19 PM
ORIGINAL POST
CazTrait
CazTrait
USER SINCE 6/15/01
Winchester Super X2 wrapped in shadow grass. $775 new.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 924 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

10/30/21 @ 9:01 PM
MishicotMan
USER SINCE 10/7/21

browning-ab3-composite-stalker-bolt-action-rifle-with-leupold-vx-freedom-scope-combo in 308win. Plenty of ammo found at cabelas and fleet for this caliber

10/30/21 @ 3:56 PM
[email protected]
USER SINCE 2/5/21

browning abolt with leopold scope in 270 win figure i have a ton of brass in my misc bucket it was a sign to buy a new gun

10/28/21 @ 9:29 PM
kyl_me
USER SINCE 7/21/08

WJBK - nice. I took the plunge on building a rifle after buying my first and having a good time shooting it.

Working on number two (have the lower done, time to start shopping on upper parts). Figure I had to buy the tools and fixtures so might as well build a few. First one has:

B5 sopmod stock 

Aero buffer and upper

Odin works barrel, bolt carrier group, adjustable gas block and compensator in 6.5 Grendel 

Midwest SP guard 

17 design lower 

Larue mbt trigger

Will swap out the grip as the one pictured was a spare I had from the other build that was included in the lower parts kit.

Need to add a scope and bipod, as this one is going to be for more distance shooting. 

Both lower receivers are billets that I found locally at gun shops. 

10/28/21 @ 9:13 AM
Wjbk95
USER SINCE 4/12/21

It was built by a friend of a friend so I don’t know all the components but it’s Aero Precision upper and lower and the barrel is a stainless Palmetto barrel with 1/10 twist. Everything on it is military grade and was told to run military brass through it.

10/25/21 @ 4:15 PM
kyl_me
USER SINCE 7/21/08

Wjbk- give us some details on components used, who built it, what is on it for accessories? Just finished my first AR15 build and starting on my next. Pandora’s box when you get into the building of these rifles. 

10/25/21 @ 11:07 AM
Wjbk95
USER SINCE 4/12/21

Can’t wait to hit the range tomorrow 

10/25/21 @ 11:06 AM
Wjbk95
USER SINCE 4/12/21

Got my custom built AR-10 last week, waited awhile for it but it’s more than worth it. 

10/22/21 @ 6:13 PM
mopesrus
USER SINCE 4/8/13

Savage Axis II XP in .308Win. Father-in-law purchased for my nephew (his grandson) as a B-day gift. I was tasked with getting it set up. It came w/Bushnell Banner 3x9x40  scope. I replaced the rings w/ Weaver tactical and a Pic rail. Removed stock , cleaned everything up, re-assembled using blue Loctite on all bolts and screws, then bore sighted. Today at range used a mix of S&B and PMC Bronze both in 147gr. Three shot groups between 7/8"-1 1/4" @ 100yds depending how hot the barrel got. Not bad for under $400 first deer rifle for a 18 YO kid to have as his own.

10/9/21 @ 8:34 PM
One shot one kill
MEMBER SINCE 8/12/02

Just checked online, and a standard 1911 has 51 parts .  Don't know about  1911A or Commander  .

10/7/21 @ 5:59 AM
Stoney Point
USER SINCE 6/18/01

One Shot.... not entirely true. Yes, the 1911 has more parts in a field strip scenario, but not as many as you state.

M1911 vs. M9 By D. Kamm On January 14th, 1985 the Pentagon announced that  the M1911A1 .45 caliber pistol had finally been officially replaced as the  standard-issue handgun of the US military, after having served nearly 74  years in that role. The new ...

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 924 POSTS
Advertise here
An ice rod built as tough as the frozen winter landscape of the ice belt. A new platform for St. Croix, the Tundra series is a culmination of ice centric features demanded by hardwater anglers. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ST. CROIX RODS - St. Croix Tundra Ice Rods
Cold Water Deadstick Ice Combos feature a Ceymar micro baitfeeder, a full grip non-reel seat handle for customized placement, and a 1-pcs 24-ton carbon rod blank construction. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: OKUMA FISHING TACKLE - Okuma Cold Water Deadstick Ice Combos
The new StrikeMaster Pro Jacket and Pro Bibs delivers the ultimate in cold-weather outerwear, keeping you warm, comfortable and safe on the ice. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ICE FORCE - Pro Jacket & Bibs
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.