MENU
Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Bought any guns lately? What did you buy?

10/26/08 @ 7:19 PM
ORIGINAL POST
CazTrait
CazTrait
USER SINCE 6/15/01
Winchester Super X2 wrapped in shadow grass. $775 new.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 906 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

TODAY @ 1:37 AM
Master_Piker
Master_Piker
USER SINCE 12/7/05

From what I have heard/read/researched, you don't have much to worry about with modern magazine springs being compressed for long periods of time. What actually wears them out is the repetitive loading / unloading (ie shooting and reloading). I have five 12 round magazines for my Taurus Millennium 9mm that have been loaded for about 7 or 8 years and all are just fine. I read an article that someone discovered a crate of loaded M16 mags from Vietnam (IIRC) that had been loaded to capacity since the 1970's. When they finally unloaded the magazines, the springs were fine...and they were loaded for over 30 YEARS! Most magazine springs last 10's of thousands of rounds...I can honestly say if someone broke into my house, I would not want to have to locate and then load 10-12 loose rounds into a pistol magazine, in the dark, under stress to protect myself or my family...that time will be stressful enough as it is. If you're THAT worried about it, rotate magazines every couple months, but do yourself (and your loved ones) a favor and always have a loaded magazine ready to go!

9/26/21 @ 11:10 PM
One shot one kill
MEMBER SINCE 8/12/02

Or just don't fill them up . 6 rounds should be easier on spring . Don't need them all full unless your John Wick .

9/26/21 @ 7:02 PM
mopesrus
USER SINCE 4/8/13

Bruno, Since you have three magazines rotate them. I have my mags numbered on the bottom of the base plate. On the 1st of each month I remove the rounds from a loaded magazine and put them in the next magazine. If you were to do this with your 3 mags, you'd probably never need to replace magazine springs. Even if you did have to replace them, they're cheap, plentiful, and easy. I personally rotate magazines and nightstand guns (4 of them) magazines last forever.

https://www.brownells.com/magazines/handgun-magazines/magazine-parts/magazine-springs/10-power-spring-3-pak-fits-beretta-92-sku969740730-27358-37400.aspx

P.S. I too carried a M9 on active duty. They're indestructible.

9/25/21 @ 5:53 PM
icefitchin
icefitchin
USER SINCE 12/13/03
Picked up a 6.5 grendel last week. Put the optic on today. Super excited to sight this in for a couple hunts this deer season. 

9/25/21 @ 11:22 AM
Bruno1
USER SINCE 3/21/14

On the question of the Taurus that does not feed properly, I would send it back to the shop from which you bought it or distributor.  A good gunsmith could probably figure it out but you paid a lot for a gun that should work properly and you should not have to work out these issues - that's what warranties are for.  (And be careful that if you do mess with it, you might void the warranty.)  My two cents.....  I would say, I have a Beretta 92, shoots very nice and I have always liked the ergonomics.  I used to keep a loaded clip in the case for those bump in the night moments but discovered that leaving ammo in the clip compressed the spring so much that it got distorted over time.  One of the instructors at the range told me that you should not leave ammo in a clip over an extended period of time - talking months here.  (I am sure other experts will dispute that - I am just the messenger on that one.)  I keep my 92 in its case with three clips and 10-12 loose rounds.  Never had reason to load but if the moment comes, I believe I am covered.  Good luck.

Bruno

9/24/21 @ 5:14 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
USER SINCE 7/24/20

They are good shooters mountain. We carried 92s in the military. Have not found a surplus one in good enough condition to buy yet. Any idiot could qualify with one. 

9/23/21 @ 1:49 PM
Polski
Polski
MEMBER SINCE 5/11/03

Greensand, thanks, that's all I needed.

9/23/21 @ 10:56 AM
Mountain
Mountain
USER SINCE 1/7/02

No, but does anyone know where I can buy one of these in Wisconsin? 

Beretta 92FS Burnt Bronze 9mm

Beretta 92FS Burnt Bronze 9mm 15rd Pistol - Shoot Straight

9/22/21 @ 12:45 PM
GreenSand
USER SINCE 1/4/08

"Polski "

www.gunbroker.com

you can see what is being asked for new and used guns.  this should give you an idea of value

9/22/21 @ 11:40 AM
ere
USER SINCE 2/22/07

Couple weeks ago, I found a great deal on a Henry 22. Didn't need it, but a great deal and liked the feel of it. Few days after, My daughter found out she's carrying a boy. Guess it was just meant to be. But he'll have to fight his sister and 3 girl cousins. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 906 POSTS
Advertise here
With MEGA 360 Imaging, we didn’t reinvent the wheel. We redefined it, bringing the unmatched coverage of our 360 Imaging technology into the megahertz range for next-level detail. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA 360 Imaging
Brand new for 2021, these technique-specific bass rods now feature advanced SCIII+ carbon blank and St. Croix's proprietary IPC®, FRS, TET technology for stunning performance at an unbelievable value. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ST. CROIX RODS - Victory Spinning Rods
Navigloo has become a benchmark product for the winter protection of watercrafts. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: NAVIGLOO - Navigloo Fishing Boat Covers
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.