SEARCH
MORE
Guns & Shooting

Adjusting eye focus on a scope

11/13/19 @ 5:38 PM
INITIAL POST
flint fredstone
User since 4/10/12

My scope on my deer rifle is still set up for my younger eyes. 

I now wear glasses for reading, up close, etc. 

Is there focus adjustment for individual eyes? I don't wear glasses out hunting. 

The scope is a Leupold VX II from the early 90's. Thanks

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
1/16/20 @ 3:32 PM
Mt Dean
User since 9/8/19

Your focus adjustment is for focusingthe reticle. If you are viewing your target and you have a black "ring" around it your eye relief is off, that is tha distance from your eyeball to the scope lense. You may have to move the entire scope to adjust your eye relief and then re zero the scope.

11/17/19 @ 7:28 PM
fetch-um-up
PRO MEMBER User since 2/19/06

The focus on most scopes if for the reticles.  You look through it and adjust the ring so the crosshairs are in the sharpest focus...   

11/14/19 @ 8:11 AM
madforlabs
User since 12/20/12

VX-2 should have a focal adjustment near the eyepiece. You would typically need to adjust focus as magnification is adjusted up or down.

VX-2 does not have a parallax adjustment.

11/13/19 @ 9:35 PM
flint fredstone
User since 4/10/12

I've done some homework on this and the adjustment is quite simple. There is much info online and on Youtube. I recommend Youtube -Understanding parallax with Leupold. Plenty of good info on how a scope works here. Understanding the difference between shooting targets and moving game. Just an old carpenter wanting to get it right the 1st time!

11/13/19 @ 5:49 PM
One shot one kill
User since 8/12/02

I'm having the same problem.  When I dial up the power it's like the view circle is shrinking  . If my eye is closer it stays the same . I might be able to move the mounts back a little bit .

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE