SEARCH
MORE
Guns & Shooting

8MM Mauser Ammo

1/26/22 @ 3:15 PM
INITIAL POST
Ithaca
User since 3/27/02

I have an old German WW2 rifle that uses 8MM Mauser ammo.  I can't find it for sale in any store.  Does anyone have an idea where I can find some?  

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
3/2/22 @ 4:55 AM
WandaColebo
User since 3/2/22

@Ithaca hey man, if you want to go hunting with that vintage Mauser, I don't recommend it. It's an old model that could jam at any time. It's not uncommon for the bolt to go off after a shot is fired. A Remington is better for hunting. I was going hunting recently and decided to try these cartridges https://ballachy.com/6-5-creedmoor-vs-223/, and I want to say that they were excellent. It was a great hunt. If you want to practice your skills, I suggest using the L96A1. It has perfect accuracy and long-range. It was used to set up the world record for hit range at 2475 meters. So, for practice, it is ideal, but unfortunately, it costs a pretty penny, so you have to splurge. Still, it is better not to save on weapons as homemade or WWII weapons can not just jam and explode muzzle, and cartridge fragments can fly right into your face.

2/6/22 @ 6:12 PM
Cobra57
Cobra57
PRO MEMBER User since 2/4/18

SGAmmo.com has 8 mm mauser.

1/29/22 @ 3:01 PM
One shot one kill
User since 8/12/02

I had 2 boxes I sold last fall here off classifieds.  Federal. 

1/29/22 @ 1:24 PM
Ithaca
User since 3/27/02

Thanks for both suggestions.  Regarding the comment about "Renecked 300-06 brass" what does that mean exactly?  I have plenty of used 30.06 brass shells around and I know someone who reloads rifle ammo, but he lives a long ways away.

1/27/22 @ 6:13 PM
A5¢
A5¢
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/09

Another option is find somebody that is willing to reload for you. Renecked 300-06 brass will work, but is hard to find someone willing to reload nowadays.

1/26/22 @ 4:55 PM
Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE