Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Wire vs Mono slide divers

6/9/21 @ 9:30 PM
ORIGINAL POST
FlyAllDay
USER SINCE 11/2/04

So thinking of adding to my arsenal when the waves are too big running boards. I already run 2 downriggers and 2 wire divers. Just curious if running slide divers in rougher water or in general is it best to go with mono or wire? Thanks 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

6/14/21 @ 8:53 AM
Thump55
USER SINCE 7/19/04

As others have said, braid.

Side note: I tried the slide divers but just couldn't like them. The downside to them is the time it takes to deploy (you have to hold the diver with one hand and pull out the leader with the other) and the fact that the diver stays attached to the rod all the time.

They work fine once in the water. I use a version of the s-biner set-up and much prefer it. No dipsy's on the rod, no dispy leaders to mess with when setting up or tearing down, and you still get the benefit of the long leader.

6/11/21 @ 4:25 PM
sloshkosh
sloshkosh
USER SINCE 3/30/04

Running it like fishmunkee for years and it works for me.    When its all in the water you have a  lure, 4 feet of flouro, swivel, 75 feet of heavy mono that the diver can slide on then braid in the water and on the reel.    I catch alof of fish with a mag slide on 3 setting out 80 in the dark and 120 to 150 when the sun is up.   

6/11/21 @ 12:17 PM
FlyAllDay
USER SINCE 11/2/04

I use Okuma Convector reels anyone the size you need for braid slide divers? Thanks

6/10/21 @ 9:05 AM
hntesox
hntesox
USER SINCE 1/11/02

X2 on using power pro on slide divers

6/10/21 @ 7:51 AM
fishmunkee
fishmunkee
USER SINCE 3/20/02

I have braid (power pro) on my slide divers attached to 50-75' of mono that the slide divers actually slide on. Works out well.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.