Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Tuning meat rigs

7/9/18 @ 10:02 AM
ORIGNAL POST
bass ackwards31
User since 1/18/17

I have been running several brands of meat rigs this year without much success. The only one that has put fish in the box is John King. Yesterday I was watching the action of the atomik and diabolical which led me to believe they are not tuned correctly. They do not roll even behind a big foot spin doctor. Does anyone know how to properly tune one? Also what the proper “roll” would be?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
7/9/18 @ 9:54 PM
muskymike275
User since 1/6/08
The meat head should have a curve to it. Sometimes giving the meat head a bend or more curve will get it to roll more. I have also noticed more roll if you trim up the meat you are using. I'm using big wienie heads and i've had to trim the larger herring to be a little shorter this year. I've ran meat that rolls twice per second and I've ran it at a constant roll. Both ways have caught fish.  Keep working with it, some days it can be the hot ticket. 

7/9/18 @ 2:55 PM
bass ackwards31
User since 1/18/17

Have not been able to find those videos. I am wondering if it must spin like a cut plug 

7/9/18 @ 11:50 AM
markrazzy
User since 6/23/09

If I were to get into meat rigs, I would go with Musselhead Meat Rigs. Their slogan is "No toothpicks. No tuning. Simply meat-rigging."

I've been contemplating getting into them out of my kayak, but I do fine with my go to stuff and meat would just be one more thing to drag around. 

7/9/18 @ 11:08 AM
BigMusky12
BigMusky12
User since 12/22/04

there are some videos on line that go over this.  The trick is the number of revolutions per second.  with a meat rig, the flasher is an attractor and does not add any action.  

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.