Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Snag fishing

9/21/19 @ 10:21 AM
ORIGNAL POST
Pike River Outfitters
User since 5/3/08

Posted this in another forum but I’ll share here also . 

I really wish they would open it back up . Lots of fond memories from my younger days . Plus the amount of money it brought to the cities and towns from out of state fishermen was a plus . Now most of the spawners just die and rot away on the banks of the rivers . 

DISPLAYING 11 TO 15 OF 15 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
9/21/19 @ 4:36 PM
wskiph
wskiph
User since 9/3/11

Problem  is not many fish running

Stocking cuts really showing results this fall....esp.in Kenosha  for example 

Just ask locals

9/21/19 @ 1:58 PM
Pike River Outfitters
User since 5/3/08

Come on Crook , those are Isolated instances. There are idiots in all segments of the population. I highly doubt if snagging would create any more instances.

Either way I feel the good whatever way the bad.

9/21/19 @ 12:10 PM
Crookskinner
User since 9/28/09

Snagging a bad idea. Was doing it myself when it was legal, but people terribly abused it. Boats damaged in the harbors by the heavy hooks and people leaving dead fish to rott along shore, in people’s yards and bushes.

9/21/19 @ 10:44 AM
CWScoach
User since 6/7/18

100% agree.  Population of fish is down.  Use the resource and regulate it.  Make limit one or two.  free Up the wardens for real problems not to sit undercover in the weeds all day or plain clothes waiting for someone to foul hook one.  They are gonna die anyways.  Flossing them is just a fancy way of snagging anyways and that is about the only way to get them in the tribs.

DISPLAYING 11 TO 15 OF 15 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.