Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

slide divers

8/2/14 @ 2:31 PM
ORIGNAL POST
Misdafew
User since 6/30/06
I am going to buy a set of slide divers to be used on 50# power-pro. What size will get me down to a depth of 50 feet? What brand are you using with good results? Would the lite bites be better than the standard ones?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
8/23/14 @ 7:37 AM
slipery
slipery
User since 1/30/11
I purchased a Fish Hawk depth and water temp gage . 100 feet of power pro 40 lb magnum slide diver set on no 3 , with ring . depth was 65 feet , regular slide diver 25 lb ande set on no 4 , 50 feet line counter/ depth 25 ft down . Hope this helps . I plan on doing more tests .

8/12/14 @ 9:23 PM
hntesox
hntesox
User since 1/11/02
Sslayer thanks for the verification. I did take the chart as there are many different options to be had. I just wanted to be sure I understood as I have just bought a pair. Now I need to get em wet.

8/12/14 @ 9:12 PM
sslayer
User since 6/9/06
First off I have NO attachment to Slide Diver, I’m just trying to help those out who have questions about Slide Divers and the depth charts found on the Slide Diver website. Here’s what I think the Slide Diver depth charts mean.

First off the charts I’ll speak to are for the #1(large) size Slide Diver that measures about 3-3/4” OD. I believe the standard #1 Slide Diver comes with a 3 ounce weight.

So the depth chart titled 50 lb. Power Pro 3 oz. weight and using spoons is for the standard #1 Slide Diver. The manufactures of Slide Divers have additional accessory options to tune your #1 size Slide Diver. There are two different weight sets available. One weight set can be used with the standard #1 Slide Diver by removing the bottom plate and changing the standard 3 ounce weight to either a 2 ounce weight or a 4 ounce weight. So the depth chart titled 50 lb. Power Pro 4 oz. weight and using spoons requires changing the internal standard weight. Slide Diver also offers a 7 ounce weight kit that includes a 7 ounce weight and a new bottom plate that will accommodate the “Magnum” size weight.

Slide Diver also offers rings that will increase the diver diameter like Luhr Jensen does with their Dipsy Diver. There are two rings per ring kit, one #2 (narrow) ring and one #3 (wide) ring. So the depth chart titled 7 strand wire 4 oz. weight using an 8" flasher with a #3 Ring is for the standard #1 size Slide Diver that has been modified by changing to a 4 ounce weight and has had a large ring added to increase the diver surface area.

The Slide Diver accessories can be viewed at : http://slidediver.com/store/index.php?cPath=24

Slide Diver depth charts link:

http://www.slidediver.com/depth-chart.php

Good Luck

SS

8/11/14 @ 5:39 PM
hntesox
hntesox
User since 1/11/02
I would like to know all that too! Also, the depth charts that are for " mono" say " mono 4oz weight " then the chart is listed. I never heard of adding 4 oz of weight... Or is that 4oz in the slide diver?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.