Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Roasted garlic tuna

8/23/14 @ 3:19 AM
ORIGNAL POST
boattech
User since 12/22/04
Has anyone tried roasting garlic and adding it to the regular tuna in oil? Just courious if any one has tried it since finding it is almost impossible. I roasted some last night and added it to the tuna and also added more oil to it. Hopefully this works out Smile. Hit me up on 68 and see how it's doing. On my way down to Milwaukee shortly.

Buster

DISPLAYING 1 TO 7 OF 7 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
8/27/14 @ 3:39 PM
boscrowe
boscrowe
User since 2/28/09
On the inside of the package it shows some ways to rig for casting . You just need a way to get them to sink rig them with a keel wieght or inline sinker .

8/27/14 @ 12:53 PM
Mozz
User since 8/26/14
can you fish brads plugs from shore? I was thinking about netting a bunch of shad and grinding them up for a scent paste.

8/24/14 @ 10:01 AM
boscrowe
boscrowe
User since 2/28/09
I just started using the brads cut plugs this year and made my own blend . 1 can sardines ,1/4 cup oil , two can oil packed tuna , 1/4 cup choped garlic , I grind the sardines and oil then mix the tuna by hand . To dispense put in a squeeze bottle and freeze when I'm going out I pull out of freezer the day before and put in fridge .

8/24/14 @ 7:11 AM
boattech
User since 12/22/04
Thanks Grey Beard. Walmart in Watertown didn't carry it so I thought just make it. Wasn't to hard to roast and doesn't make a lot of mess.

8/24/14 @ 5:33 AM
Grey Beard
User since 1/27/02
Some have used garlic powder in tuna packed in oil. I also add a little oil and break up the tuna with a fork.

Outlets where I've found Starkist Roasted Garlic Tuna in Oil are Woodman's and Walmart. There is a Woodman's in Waukesha that might be on your way home from fishing. Regardless I would call the stores before putting on the miles. Last resort is the internet.

https://www.starkist.com/product/starkist-selects-yellowfin-marinated-tuna-roasted-garlic

Grey Beard

8/23/14 @ 6:05 PM
boattech
User since 12/22/04
Only got 1 hit on it this morning resulting in a small laker. My buddy could barely stand the smell of it. Will have to do some more experimenting with the baits.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 7 OF 7 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.