LAKES
REPORTS
FORUMS
TRAVEL
DEALS
SEARCH
MORE
Great Lakes Fishing

Rail mounted rocket launcher rod holder???

2/5/20 @ 1:46 PM
INITIAL POST
fishingfestus
User since 7/23/10

I have a Boston Whaler Montauk boat which is equipped with 7/8" stainless railing around most of the boat.  I am wondering if anyone knows of any company that produces a rail mounted type rocket launcher rod holder?  I am tired of fighting to get my dipsy/slide diver rods out of my current non moving rail mounted rod holders when a fish is on the other end of the line.  Thanking all in advance for info.

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
3/5/20 @ 1:57 PM
mail man
mail man
PRO MEMBER User since 3/14/13

cannon.com, has a ROD HOLDER RAIL MOUNT #1904015 that fits rails 3/4'' to 11/4'' rail for $20.00.  may use their cannon AXIS, or DUAL AXIX rod holders with it . about $90.00 for single & $105.00 for DUAL.

2/20/20 @ 6:00 AM
Red Rider
User since 6/26/01

Cannon used to offer them . I had bought a pair.

2/19/20 @ 3:42 PM
lvtofish
User since 2/2/05

Use normal scotty rod holders on the rail.  when the fish hits, you can pull the base towards you.  it will rotate on the rail.   do it all the time with down rods for muskie fishing.

2/8/20 @ 8:26 AM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

There are lots of companies that make those, he is looking for a ratcheting holder to make it easier to get the rod out I believe.

I do not believe anybody makes a ratcheting rail mount. You might call Jeff at Trax Tech about making something custom but I'm sure he'll just tell you to rail mount a section of track and put the holder in there.

2/8/20 @ 7:32 AM
Scott F
User since 6/12/10

There was a company called Setzer that made rod holders like you are looking for. I have 4 of them that I no longer use that I’d sell if you are interested. 

2/5/20 @ 7:08 PM
wldh
User since 3/14/08

I have all fixed mount rod holders on my boat as for getting dipsy rods out with a fish on loosen your drag before you take your rod out of the holder comes out much easier been fishing lake for 49 years and have had  3 whalers along with other boats also set your drags just so line doesn't go out when your trolling.

2/5/20 @ 3:17 PM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

I would mount a track on the rail and then use ratcheting rod holders to make it easier to get the rods out of the holders. You tip them up and out rather than having to pull the entire rod butt out away from the boat.

Rod Holder

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE