Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Power Pro? Or its relative equivalent?

7/27/17 @ 11:52 AM
ORIGNAL POST
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07

While at Cabela's the other day I was checking out line prices. Wow, that Power Pro is some expensive stuff! Has anybody used the Cabela's brand Rip Cord as a lower priced alternative?  Not entirely sure what the difference between the two really is.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
7/27/17 @ 6:10 PM
Red Rider
User since 6/26/01

Been using original rip cord since it came out , no issues yet. Started to fade on the diver reels so I reversed it.

7/27/17 @ 2:13 PM
diver hunter 1987
User since 9/29/09

I have used power pro, Cortland spectra, suffix braid, suffix 832 braid, fireline, and spider wire stealth.  I don't personally like fire line which is a flat braid opposed to a woven braid and the spider wire stealth I stopped using and I can't remember why??  Think rip cord will be just fine seen it used a lot in saltwater as backing and think it's a woven braid.  Line in the grand scheme of things is cheap when you look at gas baits time off so I don't scrimp on it.  Buy bulk up front cost is hard to swallow but better than buying reel by reel

7/27/17 @ 2:13 PM
North Shore
User since 2/13/13

Wal Mart has the best price on Power Pro I've seen.  12 something for 150 yard spools.  I've seen bigger spools there but can't remember how much.

7/27/17 @ 1:25 PM
whitey
whitey
User since 1/1/02

I have rip cord on my pole's the last 3 years. I like it. Fish Salmon and Walleyes. It is on all of my linecounters.

7/27/17 @ 12:48 PM
John Schultz
John Schultz
User since 3/14/14
Have not tried the cabelas brand, but you can order Spectra Dyneema line from china off ebay for about 30 bucks for a 1000 yard spool. If you are using it for backing, it is way more cost effective than power pro and essentially the same material.

EyeChaser Guide Service
(608) 225-2395
DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.