Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Port Washington: Trolling Flies

7/5/13 @ 10:00 AM
ORIGNAL POST
Live & Learn
User since 1/2/13
Can anyone tell me if the gentleman is still selling flies at the Port Washington boat ramp? I am not from the area but I am planning a trip there shortly and would like to replish my supply.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 11 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
5/18/14 @ 3:04 PM
TrophyConnection
User since 2/18/04
Rainbow Richard has now retired from making flies. The ones at the bait box are the last of his but the bait box is now tying them under his name

5/16/14 @ 10:19 AM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02
Capt. Bill, I see your listed as there one and only pro-staff member and share website links on each others websites so there is some bias in your statement. I understand how it works as I'm a Captain and on several pro-staffs as well.

They look like a standard Howie and Pro-King fly which are also make in Wisconsin; is their something in particular that makes them different then those flies?

I only mention Richie flies because they are completely different then any other flies but, didn't mean for this to turn into an advertise your favorite fly thread either. I use plenty of the other flies though too.

5/16/14 @ 9:08 AM
Xjarhead
User since 8/5/01
If you want a great trolling fly made in Wisconsin check out this website. He has some great salmon flies as well as some smaller Coho flies. The reports from Racine are that they are just killing them on his Coho flies. Met the owner this winter at a seminar in Manitowoc. Very nice guy. http://www.fireflieswi.com/main.sc

Captain Bill Semper FI Charters

5/15/14 @ 6:37 PM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02
Stopped by the Bait Box today at about 12:30 on my way back north after working in Milwaukee. Wanted to grab some Richie Flys but they were closed. Bummer as I'm almost out of Grasshopper and completely of of Champagne.

A friend turned me on to them years ago and they are great.

5/15/14 @ 1:50 PM
migr8r
migr8r
User since 2/8/11
Are you guys talking about deaf Richard? If so, I can't believe he's still alive. I used to fish almost daily at the fence 20 some years ago and he was hustling his stuff then, mostly sacs.

5/15/14 @ 8:58 AM
amstel239
User since 12/28/01
The Last i knew he is.

5/14/14 @ 9:53 PM
Red Rider
User since 6/26/01
Rainbow Richards flies are also available at the bait box if you happen to miss him. Singles w/hooks or bulk packs tie your own hook set up.

5/14/14 @ 7:27 PM
Chemist
User since 6/17/01
Have the coho started to arrive in Port Washington yet? I would like to take the boat out this weekend if it is not too windy.

7/8/13 @ 7:35 AM
Live & Learn
User since 1/2/13
Thanks Fisher for the response.

7/7/13 @ 6:36 PM
Fishercreek
User since 10/2/05
Yes, still there. Saw him both days this weekend.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 11 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.