Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Night Fishing

7/25/16 @ 9:42 AM
ORIGNAL POST
biggbjc1
User since 7/15/16

Seeing as it looks like quite a few people have good success fishing in the dark my questions are; Is there a better time at night than another, like after dark in the evening or very early morning like 1 -2 am? and the other is do you have to use glow in the dark lures exclusively or a mixed bag or don't really need them? Thank you for your time.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 2 OF 2 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
7/25/16 @ 1:00 PM
seeth11489
User since 2/18/10

The at night bite has a lot of factors that go into it.  Sometimes the best bite is right at dusk, sometimes it is right at dawn and sometimes it is at midnight.  The moon phase and location during the night has a strong influence as well as how the day conditions were (the best night fishing I've experienced has come after a hot and light winded day where fishing would have been tough under the sun).

When night fishing, I only use 2 baits - spoons and j-plugs.  The brighter the glow, the better it seems to do (with the exception of particular spoon that barely glows yet seems to outfish all others every trip!)  Getting super glow spoons that glow strong for up to three hours is nice because you don't have to keep bringing them back into the boat to re-glow them with a spotlight.  Even those spoons though you will find out that a re-glow is all it takes to get them to produce fish.  Last Friday night, we had it happen twice where we re-glowed a spoon and within 5 minutes of it being the rod holder...fish on.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 2 OF 2 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.