Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Lots ?'s

3/27/15 @ 10:26 PM
ORIGNAL POST
J B
User since 3/10/02
Hello, I'm getting ready for my third season fishing Lake Michigan out of our 16.5' deep v. I hope to get out for coho next month when they are biting well. I have orange Dodgers and peanuts. Any must have peanut colors? I keep hearing about brads thin fish in red tiger. Any other must have baits?

I need to upgrade some spoon trebles. Any favorite brands or models? Anyone know the sizes for Michigan stingers, reg pro kings or mag moonshines?

Right now, I only have 4 rod holders and rods. I think I have room to add one more on the left hand side of my boat. All of my rods are braid now. 2 mag dipsy divers and two boards with keel sinkers would have been my most common spread last year. If you could only add one more rod and not a down rigger, what would you choose?

Last but not least, I have 4 offshore walleye boards. Would I see any benefits to upgrading to one of the larger church boards? If so, which model? Anyone running SAMs Pro release on either style of boards? Are they worth the upgrade? Right now, I'm setting them so they do not release until we pop them off at the boat.

Any my other suggestions? Thanks!

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
4/20/11 @ 8:18 PM
Xjarhead
User since 8/5/01
As far as upgrading to the larger Church boards if your running a 450ft copper I would say yes do it but I run 300ft coppers off the regular Church walleye boards and have no problem with them. Get the Silver horde SAMs pro release they are the best release on the market in my opinion. If I were you I would think about getting 2 down riggers on your boat. Run one with a SWR and a meat rig on the other. Captain Bill Semper Fi Charters

3/30/15 @ 7:54 AM
fishmunkee
fishmunkee
User since 3/20/02
The little dipsies are fine for spring coho - mags are overkill unless trying to get real deep. Dark green/gold peanut flies are my best for coho but blue/silver, purple gold/blue, black/silver all will work. Th other color thinfins will have their days - orange sliver, green/silver, firetiger, etc. For spring cohos I'd add another planer board rod. The GLP gear is good stuff.

4/20/11 @ 7:52 PM
Tie1on
Tie1on
User since 1/29/15
Coho colors for me. Purple, Blue/silver, Aqua. I'm a huge fan of Alderton Little hooker flys. Church Walleye boards are pretty pimp on everything from leadcore/copper, but maybe a tad overkill on flat lines. However, I use them. I would highly recommend getting some riggers. Lots of used stuff around and you don't need the biggest and baddest. Take everything step by step! One thing to think about is future however. If your gonna keep doing it, and really love it, get a set of rod trees! Great Lake Planer make affordable and BULLET PROOF stuff. You could run all your boards and even Dipsey's off them. No real reason for MAG DIPSEYs Coho fishing, unless you're gonna run them deep for Kings. Could totally get away with regular sized ones with mono. I know the drill however...use what ya got!

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.