LOGIN
Lake-Link

Landing net

9/1/17 @ 3:06 PM
ORIGNAL POST
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06

My fishing partner and I managed to bend one and lose another one all in a month or so. We fish out of a 250 Wellcraft Sportsman. I am looking for a telescoping/extendable handle net that is serviceable and won't break the bank. Hopefully under $100.00. If anyone has a suggestion I am all ears. Thanks.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
9/7/17 @ 9:02 PM
taimen
User since 10/8/09
look on CL before you buy new the fish won't know the difference. I've had some great 2nd hand buys.

9/7/17 @ 2:53 PM
Aluma1
User since 4/12/03

I have a nice heavy built stowmaster net. Would be more then you want to spend. I used the stowmaster for many years. I started using this net. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001QVPG2Y/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Built well but not near as heavy to net fish with. It's very nice if you have to net solo. I normally do not use the stowmaster till latter in the year. When the kings get bigger. The ranger net is very nice for coho fishing also. Beckmann nets are coming back also but I think they will be out of you price range.

9/5/17 @ 9:32 AM
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06

Thanks for the ideas guys. Yeah, the net jumped off the side of the walk around. Happened when we were running out. Didn't even see it go.

9/2/17 @ 9:36 AM
sslayer
User since 6/9/06

I've had a Dotline telescoping net for 25 years. The handle is 1-1/8" octagonal aluminum which is light weight and very sturdy. I replaced the bag with a new "plastic coated" bag and that helps with hooks sticking in the plain nylon mesh bags.

Dotline used to be in Kenosha on Hwy 31 south of 142, but they've moved and there's been name change to Drifter Marine.

The net I have is called Black Sport Series. I posted a photo. The net is $75 plus shipping.

Oh and the bag size of 22" X 27" easily handled the two 30# fish I landed with it.

Good Luck

SS

9/1/17 @ 4:01 PM
JamesD
JamesD
MEMBER since 2/16/04

You say you 'lost one". This happened once in my buddies boat where it must have jumped ship when no one was looking. After that I decided to saw up some rigid foam and slip it into the tube handle of my net, and re-cap it. I saw a guy at the launch this spring who cable tied some sliced pool noodle on to the back third of the net frame. I did it myself for my heavier extendable handled net. Think of it as life jackets for nets. Pic coming soon.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.